By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sorry Yal But I Detest Baby Park Now! (>X_X<)

Yeah I hate it too. 28 22.95%

Are you insane? Best track is best! 28 22.95%

Worse than Kalamari Desert. 0 0%

Baby Park detest you. 11 9.02%

lol u mad bro? 22 18.03%

Track is made for babies afterall. 6 4.92%

200cc, Baby Park, Frantic Items, Morton Only 14 11.48%

What's with that Kirby face? 3 2.46%

Even worse than original N64 Rainbow Road. 2 1.64%

Dolphins FTW!!! 8 6.56%

Total:122
RolStoppable said:
One step at a time. In summer we'll talk about the Miami Dolphins.

I already know they suck if that's what you're getting at.

Around the Network

The worst ever.

We need customized rules that can exclude this one and Excitebike Arena.

Samus Aran said:

The course is only fun in local multiplayer.

Although every course is luckbased because of the shitty items.

Yesterday I was riding in first place with only 100 meters or so to go on a course I can't remember anymore (not Baby Park) and I got hit by a blue shell plus green shell and ended up in 8th place.

They need to do a lot of adjustments to balance the items:

- Remove tripple green and red shells.
- Remove the bounce effect of green shells. If it hits a wall or obstacle it should dissapear.
- Remove coins as an item.
- Make the invincibility star better (it doesn't really boost your speed anymore).
- Remove coins as an item.
- Remove Bullet Bill and add the chain chomp again.
- Remove the blue shell.
- Remove the Blooper.

Game would be much more fun online this way.

Um hell no! The randomness and rubber banding is what makes Mario Kart Mario Kart, and MK8 already took steps in the wrong direction in that regard. My problem isn't that Baby Park is random, just that it's "too" random. I'm not a fan of Excite Bike Arena for similar reasons, but it's much more tolerable.

KdxlavkdX said:

How can one not enjoy Baby Park?!

Read OP and find out!

new baby park isnt random enough... the DD powerups were pure chaos, now its just midly chaotic

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
Lol it was designed specifically for chaos. If you get mad at that then simply don't pick it and or deal with it.

What it was designed for is irrelevant to whether I like it or not, and duh that's what I've been doing since there's no other option. 

episteme said:

The worst ever.

We need customized rules that can exclude this one and Excitebike Arena.

You can but only at the cost of excluding every DLC track. =/

Einsam_Delphin said:
KdxlavkdX said:

How can one not enjoy Baby Park?!

Read OP and find out!

I did, don't assume I didn't ;)

I love this track purely for the ensued chaos.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Einsam_Delphin said:

I remember when I said it'd be awesome to have this track back, but now what I actually want back are those words I said! I know Mario Kart has always been about crazy randomness, but it's to an extent where you still have control over the outcome. Nope not on this track! It's just pure randomness, I feel I have no control whatsoever. I'm no have to win to have fun tryhard or anything so this generally isn't that big of a deal, if it's picked I'll just say "welp I'm gonna get wrek'd!" and move on. However when it comes to tournaments with race limits, there's obvious problems, and that is where I realized I don't like this track at all! Specifically today in the GameXplain and 200cc tournaments, GCN Baby Park was picked 4/16 and 3/8 times respectively, screwing over my run at top placement. Still made Top 20 in the GameXplain tourney (for now), but didn't even come close in the 200cc tourney. Yeah I'm a bit salty and butthurt, going to that same freaking track over n over just got on my nerves. Sorry I know all of people like it (cause they always stinkin pick it whenever it shows up), but to me it's simply MK8's version of N64 Kalamari Desert.

This is why I stopped taking MK8 seriously. Unless you're going to turn items off, MK isn't a game for people who are really competitve because there is way too much chance involed in winning. It's a game where it's best to just lay back, have fun with and forget the outcome.

Anything else is just too frustrating.