By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - James Bond doesn't want to use Sony phones.. cause he only wants the best

pitzy272 said:
bananaking21 said:

every person i know who has used a samsung then used something else says the same thing. their phones are horrible and LG, HTC, Nokia and Sony all offer vastly supperior phones. yeah, Samsung might have a longer spec cheat, but its rubbish when it comes to everyday use. 

Totally agree. And every "big innovation" I've seen them tout has been a joke.

I only had one Sony phone. It was outdated when I bought it, but I still had less problems with it than I did my Samsung phones. The 2 most recent Samsung phones I owned were the top of the line models in 2011/2012. They both would glitch so bad and so often I wanted to smash them. I have since switched to Apple, and I'm so much happier. 

I truly am baffled at the popularity of Samsung phones. I have owned I think 6 different models from about 2004 to 2012, and every single model had massive glitches and inexcusable issues. So Samsung's popularity actually irritates me lol. 

nobody knows. the samsung phones look cheap, feel cheap, have massiv problems with quality, and they cost more than the other flagship android phones.

all the flagship phones have basicly the same specs. a bit more horsepower here, a bit better screen there, nothing shocking.

the only reason i went for a nokia is the camera(thats a sick camera i got there, realy nice if you have to make a good picture on the go), and thats not a difference that every generation of nokia flagship phones has.

Around the Network

So what phone are they going to use?
Since he's james bond, It will have to be waterproof, shockproof, sandproof, bulletproof ;). How many top phones have these characteristics?

hmmmm ''Samsung is willing to give a $5 million fee for its phones appearing in the movie, but a higher marketing spend of $50 million to promote it. While Sony only wanted to spend 18 million on marketing.'' this little part is pretty important no?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

bananaking21 said:
pitzy272 said:

Amen, brother. After years of using all Samsung phones, I have come to absolutely loathe their hardware. 

every person i know who has used a samsung then used something else says the same thing. their phones are horrible and LG, HTC, Nokia and Sony all offer vastly supperior phones. yeah, Samsung might have a longer spec cheat, but its rubbish when it comes to everyday use. 

z3 and s5 are quite neck-neck in performance... I did't use the s6 since that is for 2015 and isn't fair to compare it to last years z3.

Z3 vs Galaxy S5

Geekbench 3 scores (single-core):

10.) Sony Xperia Z2: 933

11.)Samsung Galaxy S5: 926

Z3 - N/A

Geekbench 3 scores (multi-core):

13.) Samsung Galaxy S5: 2869

15.) Sony Xperia Z3: 2805

17.) Sony Xperia Z3 Compact: 2800

Web performance

13.) Sony Xperia Z3: 804ms

15.) Samsung Galaxy S5: 824ms

Graphics Performance

GFXBench T-Rex test results:

4.) Sony Xperia Z3 Compact: 41fps

13.) Sony Xperia Z3: 29fps

15.) Samsung Galaxy S5: 28fps

GFXBench Manhattan test results:

3.) Sony Xperia Z3 Compact: 26fps

11.) Sony Xperia Z3: 13fps

15.) Samsung Galaxy S5: 12fps

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/mobile-phone/3515533/whats-fastest-phone-2015-uk/?pn=1

Currently playing

IOS - Knights of the Old Republic, Monster Hunter Freedom HD and Idolmaster Festa.

Steam-NovisNoah, Uplay-Limpanot, Origins-NovisNoah, PSN-NovisNoah, NNID-NovisNoah

gatito said:
setsunatenshi said:
gatito said:

Yeah but Skyfall is #10 at the WW box office, the Bond franchise is best moneymaker they've got right now in their movie division. Their phones on the other hand are embarassing.

please explain why their phones are embarassing, I would love to know your reason to say that.

I own a Z2 btw.

I bought that Xperia with the light stripe and it was trash.

i'm sorry, did you mean you bought a budget xperia phone and jumped to the conclusion that sony phones are embarassing?

not sure if you have noticed but the talk here is about the flagship phones, not the low end ones whose main market are developing countries.

i will put mu Z2 against any other flagship from whatever company you chose and I'd still argue I got the better product.

anyway, now I know where that response is coming from, thanks

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
NobleTeam360 said:
So the movie is being made by Sony but they have to pay to put their own phone in their movie? Lmao, how does that work?

yeah thats pretty funny 

Sony isn't the only company involved its a co production with MGM which is only 20% owned by Sony and the overall production company of the movie is Eon Productions which isn't owned by Sony and once the movie is on Blu-Ray 20th Century Fox holds the distribution and manufacturing rights to it.

I'm surprised that there are serious arguments over this. C'mon, guys.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

enlightenedmaster said:
mgm owns some rights to the bond movies

Exactly and the overall prouction company of all Bond movies is Eon Productions which isn't owned by Sony either.  Plus 20th Century Fox has the home video rights to all Bond films.

Mike_L said:
Chris Hu said:
Turkish said:

Sure he is, there are a dozen quality actors waiting to become the next James Bond. Without the role of 007 he's just a semi known actor playing in average movies.

And about the successes, 21 Jump Street? Spiderman? Their animation studio? MIB 3? http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=mib3.htm

MIB 3 also had a huge advertising budget so it actually wasn't that profitable and as far as animation studios goes Sony's is acutally the least profitable out of the big ones.  Illumination Entertainment (Universal), Dreamworks Animation, Blue Sky Studios (20th Century Fox), Pixar (Disney) and Disney Animation are all more profitable.  They really only had one huge hit with the first Smurfs movie.

x} Why does it matter how many hits Sony Pictures Animation have compared to 4 other companies when they're clearly making a lot of money?

#TitleRelease dateBudget[16]Gross[16]
1 The Smurfs July 29, 2011 $110 million $564 million
2 Hotel Transylvania September 28, 2012 $85 million $358 million
3 The Smurfs 2 July 31, 2013 $105 million $348 million
4 Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 September 27, 2013 $78 million $274 million
5 Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs September 18, 2009 $100 million $243 million

DreamWorks have put out 30 computer animated movies. Of course Sony Pictures Animation aren't as productive or profitable.

I guess you never heard of advertising cost the only one out of those five that really made a lot of money was the first Smurfs movie.  Also all the companies I have mentioned had way bigger hits then first Smurfs movie and on top of all that their movies make a ton of money from merchandising also especially the Pixar and Disney Animation movies.  The main reason that the made another Cars movie is mostly due to the fact that the first one made a shiton of money from merchandising.

beeje13 said:
Is this true? Smells like crap. Sony don't have to pay anyone anything to use Sony devices, because they own and make the goddamm film! Pretty sure there are some sony devices in Skyfall...

They are not the only ones that are involved its a co production with MGM.  Eon Productions is the overall production company and 20th Century Fox has the home video right to all Bond films.