By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - James Bond doesn't want to use Sony phones.. cause he only wants the best

Who doesn't Want " THE BEST" ?????

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

But it IS the best so...

Eh, I don't want to see any film any of these people ever make, anyway. lol

so what we can gather from this news:
the films going to contain at least 5 million worth of product placement.

Ugh, pass.

Tachikoma said:

Ugh, pass.

Pretty much all movies today feature at least 5 million dollars worth of product placements.  Especially big budget movies that take place in the current time.

Chris Hu said:
Tachikoma said:

Ugh, pass.

Pretty much all movies today feature at least 5 million dollars worth of product placements.  Especially big budget movies that take place in the current time.

I bet avengers doesn't 

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
Oh and Daniel Craig is acting like a spoiled brat. From what I've read he refuses to do the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo sequels because that franchise has to pay less since the first film disappointed. This is his first film since the last Bond movie meaning he hasn't taken a new role since. I understand there is a physical toll but he really ought to try to expand his range.

How exactly is this a bad thing the movie didn't needed to be remade in the first place just like Let the Right One In didn't needed to be remade.  Overall I'm pretty much against remakes unless the remake actually is wastly different from the original like The Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven for example or Scarface (1932) and Scarface (1983).

Sharpryno said:
Chris Hu said:

I bet avengers doesn't 

Are you kidding me superhero movies always have tons of product placements and on top of that they also have a ton of merchandising and cross promotions with actual consumer products.  I already seen a Audi add that cross promotes Avengers 2.

Chris Hu said:
Mike_L said:

x} Why does it matter how many hits Sony Pictures Animation have compared to 4 other companies when they're clearly making a lot of money?

#TitleRelease dateBudget[16]Gross[16]
1 The Smurfs July 29, 2011 $110 million $564 million
2 Hotel Transylvania September 28, 2012 $85 million $358 million
3 The Smurfs 2 July 31, 2013 $105 million $348 million
4 Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 September 27, 2013 $78 million $274 million
5 Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs September 18, 2009 $100 million $243 million

DreamWorks have put out 30 computer animated movies. Of course Sony Pictures Animation aren't as productive or profitable.

I guess you never heard of advertising cost the only one out of those five that really made a lot of money was the first Smurfs movie.  Also all the companies I have mentioned had way bigger hits then first Smurfs movie and on top of all that their movies make a ton of money from merchandising also especially the Pixar and Disney Animation movies.  The main reason that the made another Cars movie is mostly due to the fact that the first one made a shiton of money from merchandising.

Advertising is included in the budget costs. A film is generally considered profitable if it earns double the budget costs as the distributer gets half the gross. Sequels of both The Smurfs, Hotel Transylvania and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs are in development. They wouldn't do that unless they were profitable.

Why do I even bother? I know you. Never mind. I give up.

James Bond reminds me of stale bread. Luckily, there's plenty of other movies to watch.

Of course they're going to go with Samsung here. Samsung offered them more money. And of course Samsung offered them more money. James Bond films are gigantic in international markets. Samsung is number one in market share because of international markets. Of course they're going to stamp their brand on media that appeals heavily to international consumers.

Considering the dire financial straits this movie has already gone through in order to pay for its production, there's no doubt that they're going to go with the highest bidder. It's also important to remember that this product placement isn't just set dressing, it's an actual prop in the movie. So of course they're going to charge a lot for this.

Also, Samsung is actually offering a unique, top-tier product here, whereas there's nothing special about the Z4. It's just another spec upgrade of the Z3. Assuming this movie is as successful as Skyfall, you can count on Samsung selling a ton of S6 edges. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the establishing shots in the movie capitalize off of the Edge's features.