By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sakurai calls DLCs these days a scam

teigaga said:
tbone51 said:

Did you read the OP?

Yeah, what did I miss? 

“DLC scam” has become quite the epidemic, charging customers extra money to complete what was essentially an unfinished product. I completely understand how aggravated players must feel. After all, a game should be 100% at the time of release, and I would be livid if it were split up and sold in pieces.

The game was 110% done. You assume they cut out Lucas+Mewtwo and then add them later for $ or they had them already made and again saved them for money.

If this was the case we wouldn't have 51 characters with Extra moves/etc

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
KLXVER said:

and Kirby...

Get the hell outttta here.... Pls stopppppppppppppppp :-/

Im sorry, I just hate Kirby games. They dont control very well imo...and I hate the stealing powers mechanic. So frustrating to chase down the power up you lose when getting hit.

I did enjoy Kirbys Epic Yarn though...

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

RolStoppable said:
Aren't they selling Mii costumes for SSB4? If yes, shouldn't Sakurai shut up?

I think he means day one DLC.

RolStoppable said:
KLXVER said:

Im sorry, I just hate Kirby games. They dont control very well imo...and I hate the stealing powers mechanic. So frustrating to chase down the power up you lose when getting hit.

I did enjoy Kirbys Epic Yarn though...

Hm... maybe you aren't a lost cause, after all. *high fives*

High five!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
KLXVER said:

High five!

Eww...

So much for our potential friendship. Just go away.

You will never come between me and ZombiU....NEVER!!!

RolStoppable said:
Nem said:

I think he means day one DLC.

He does, but that doesn't mean that charging for costumes is not scam.

Its cosmetic stuff. Hardly what can be considered an essential part of the game. 

teigaga said:
Isn't he charging for Lucas and Mewtwo?

I don't see the problem?  They weren't ready at release.  Mewtwo didn't play like he did in brawl, they basically did a complete overhaul on him so it needed more time.

I must be really lucky because I've never been burned or put off by DLC. In-fact I've really enjoyed all my DLC (Mass Effect 2/3, DAI, MK8, Battlefield 4, FFS Ghosts, Borderlands, Dirt 3, Arkham City etc). Apart from forums I've never heard any of my friends IRL even mention DLC, let alone complain about it.

I recently bought Mortal Kombat X and I don't have have access to Tremor, Tanya or the Predator and you know what? I. Don't. Care. I heard about the paid fatalities and I. Don't. Care. It will take a while for me to master all the base characters along with all their variations. If, and that's a big if, I decide to buy the DLC it'll be dirt cheap by then.

In previous gens DLC content would be reserved for the sequels. Unless people would rather every single game gets delayed so that it can be "complete" I don't see the harm in DLC assuming its not ridiculously overpriced and it doesn't affect the balance of the game in any way.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

KingdomHeartsFan said:
teigaga said:
Isn't he charging for Lucas and Mewtwo?

I don't see the problem?  They weren't ready at release.  Mewtwo didn't play like he did in brawl, they basically did a complete overhaul on him so it needed more time.

Apart from day 1 DLC, no DLC is ready at release. So where do we draw the line?

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine