By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NBA Playoffs 2015 NBA FINALS. Warriors win Series 4-2!

WHO WILL WIN THE NBA FINALS?

Golden State Warriors 53 66.25%

Cleveland Cavaliers 27 33.75%

Total:80
Chris Hu said:
Anyway if what I'm saying isn't the truth then someone already should have made a case for another team in the last 40 years that won the title that is more overrated. Or better yet another 60+ game regular season winning team team that is more overrated. The truth remains if they win it all they will be the most overrated team to win the title in the last 40 years and the most overrated 60+ game regular season winning team that also won a title of all time.

The complete bases for your assertion are that: 1) they're slumping* in the finals, and 2) the infallible Charles Barkley picked the Cavs to win it in six games.

This is the logic of a sports talk radio caller. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that it's not that no one can rebut your claim, it's that it's not worth rebutting in the first place.

*As in, have two narrow losses in four games.

Around the Network

He's also the same guy who thought John Stockton was a top 10 player.

noname2200 said:
Chris Hu said:

I'm pretty sure that is not the only reason he picked the Cavs.

http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Barkley-thinks-Warriors-play-wrong-style-to-win-6205242.php

The irony is that the Mavs in 2011 was a jump shooter team and they defeated Lebron and Co.

And now we're looking at Golden State tied with Cavs playing game 5 at their homecourt.

I agree with the sentiments that you live and die off the jumpshot but dismissing a team's chance to win a finals simply because they're a jump shooter is too narrow minded. Especially if the other team they're facing is riddled with injuries.

@ Chris: Warriors aren't overrated since no one is claiming them to be the greatest team of all time or one of the best. They may be the favorites to win but they are not overrated. As mentioned earlier, you need abnormally high praise to be labeled overrated. This Warriors team that has no franchise history of being in the Finals in several decades (don't know much before the 90s) is far from being overrated. 

PAOerfulone said:

He's also the same guy who thought John Stockton was a top 10 player.

He is his numbers speak for themselve greatest pure point guard of all time no one will ever come close to either his total assist or steal numbers.  Please name me another player that has the lead in two major catergories.

t3mporary_126 said:
noname2200 said:

http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Barkley-thinks-Warriors-play-wrong-style-to-win-6205242.php

The irony is that the Mavs in 2011 was a jump shooter team and they defeated Lebron and Co.

And now we're looking at Golden State tied with Cavs playing game 5 at their homecourt.

I agree with the sentiments that you live and die off the jumpshot but dismissing a team's chance to win a finals simply because they're a jump shooter is too narrow minded. Especially if the other team they're facing is riddled with injuries.

@ Chris: Warriors aren't overrated since no one is claiming them to be the greatest team of all time or one of the best. They may be the favorites to win but they are not overrated. As mentioned earlier, you need abnormally high praise to be labeled overrated. This Warriors team that has no franchise history of being in the Finals in several decades (don't know much before the 90s) is far from being overrated. 

I guess you never heard of Tyson Chandler.  Saying that the 2011 Mavs where a jump shooting team isn't right they had plenty of inside weapons even Dirk has more of an inside game then anyone on this years Golden State squad.  The main reason the Mavs won that title is because Chandler is a legit center and Miami didn't have one.  Also the main reason they lost the 2006 finals is because they didn't have a legit center and the Heat had Shaq. The 2006 Mavs was much more of a jump shooting team then the 2011 squad.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Chris Hu said:
Anyway if what I'm saying isn't the truth then someone already should have made a case for another team in the last 40 years that won the title that is more overrated. Or better yet another 60+ game regular season winning team team that is more overrated. The truth remains if they win it all they will be the most overrated team to win the title in the last 40 years and the most overrated 60+ game regular season winning team that also won a title of all time.

The complete bases for your assertion are that: 1) they're slumping* in the finals, and 2) the infallible Charles Barkley picked the Cavs to win it in six games.

This is the logic of a sports talk radio caller. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that it's not that no one can rebut your claim, it's that it's not worth rebutting in the first place.

*As in, have two narrow losses in four games.

I get that this thread is full of a bunch of Golden State homers that can't handle the truth that their team is highly overrated if you compare them unbiased against any other team that won the title in the last 40 years they are not as good.  Also the final score doesn't tell the whole story of both of those games the Cavs where pretty much in control through both of those games.  Plus on top of that you are forgetting that they had a narrow win in the first game they could have easily lost that one also.

PAOerfulone said:

The 2006-07 Dallas Mavericks, who won 67 games, had Dirk as league MVP, yet they got bounced out of the first round in six games by the #8 seed Warriors who won 42 games. :p

Did I say compare them to a team that didn't win the title.  No I didn't lets face it the fact remains the Warriors will be the most overrated team to win a title in the last 40 years if they win it all. 

Chris Hu said:
PAOerfulone said:

The 2006-07 Dallas Mavericks, who won 67 games, had Dirk as league MVP, yet they got bounced out of the first round in six games by the #8 seed Warriors who won 42 games. :p

Did I say compare them to a team that didn't win the title.  No I didn't lets face it the fact remains the Warriors will be the most overrated team to win a title in the last 40 years if they win it all. 

saying it over and over to yourself doesn't make it true.  

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Chris Hu said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Barkley just doesn't believe in jump shooting teams, that's all.

I'm pretty sure that is not the only reason he picked the Cavs.

Barkley was also the guy that said that his Suns were going to beat the Bulls because God wanted them to win.

And for your comment earlier in this thread about me being clueless about sports; I am the guy that won the VGC Prediction League Super Bowl while I am not even sure if you made the playoffs.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Chris Hu said:

What I get from this massive wall of text that more or less you agreeing with what I'm sayig so lets come to a consensus if they win it all they will be the most overrated team to win it all in a very long time.  Most likely since the last Warrior team to win a championship.  So to put is simple if they win it all they will be the most overrated team to win a title in the last 40 years.

I see what you're doing here now.  The Warriors won the title in 1975 (40 years ago) and this team will be the most overrated to win since that team.  That team that had four players that averaged in double figures.  One averaged over 30 a game.  His name was Rick Barry.  You may have heard of him.

So this Warriors team would be the most overrated since the Warriors in '75?  Even if this is true (I'm not saying that it is), the Warriors have had a better run than ALL of Cleveland sports in the last 40 years. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger