By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NBA Playoffs 2015 NBA FINALS. Warriors win Series 4-2!

WHO WILL WIN THE NBA FINALS?

Golden State Warriors 53 66.25%

Cleveland Cavaliers 27 33.75%

Total:80

I'm pretty sure there is a stats/sabermetrics site, (I'll google it in a minute) that keeps track of team efficency, player effieciency, and compares them to past and present teams. This Golden State Warriors squad ranked something like the 3rd greatest team of ALL TIME. They break down the numbers over something like 40 years, common opponents, strength of schedule, the list goes on and on.

The Warriors were the Top offense and Top defense (efficiency, which is all that matters). Bogut was maybe the actual DPOY when the numbers were crunched. Draymond SHOULD have won. Their outside game is off the charts but what I think surprised people is them being top 5 in INSIDE scoring. Klay, Steph, Barnes, Andre, and many other inside threats that also serve as outside threats.

All this hating by (already forgot his name) is extremely entertaining nonetheless. (also his opinion, with arbitrary numbers thrown in for good measure).

The real numbers don't lie, the facts do not lie, this Warriors team if they win it all is one of the greatest in NBA History. The experts (almost) unanimously agree. Fans agree. Players agree. Obviously when that happens you are going to get a few of those people that just HAVE to prove that isn't the case.

In the end it won't matter. The Championship is for THIS YEAR. So This year is all that matters. I highly doubt the Warriors or Steve Kerr is worried they are "overrated" as they raise the trophy. All because one guy is bitter his (Clippers?) didn't make it. A Clippers team which is FARRRR more overrated than this Warriors squad. They were pretenders, the Warriors (even Rockets, Grizz) are/were contenders.

Around the Network
Chasesdaddy84 said:

I'm pretty sure there is a stats/sabermetrics site, (I'll google it in a minute) that keeps track of team efficency, player effieciency, and compares them to past and present teams.

The 538, I think.

The Cavs still has the greatest player of this generation. If he was the one injured I can honestly say any team against the Cavs would be overrated but that is not the case. Like the Bulls former coach said: No team is an underdog with Lebron (or something like that)

Chris Hu said:
t3mporary_126 said:

The irony is that the Mavs in 2011 was a jump shooter team and they defeated Lebron and Co.

And now we're looking at Golden State tied with Cavs playing game 5 at their homecourt.

I agree with the sentiments that you live and die off the jumpshot but dismissing a team's chance to win a finals simply because they're a jump shooter is too narrow minded. Especially if the other team they're facing is riddled with injuries.

@ Chris: Warriors aren't overrated since no one is claiming them to be the greatest team of all time or one of the best. They may be the favorites to win but they are not overrated. As mentioned earlier, you need abnormally high praise to be labeled overrated. This Warriors team that has no franchise history of being in the Finals in several decades (don't know much before the 90s) is far from being overrated. 

I guess you never heard of Tyson Chandler.  Saying that the 2011 Mavs where a jump shooting team isn't right they had plenty of inside weapons even Dirk has more of an inside game then anyone on this years Golden State squad.  The main reason the Mavs won that title is because Chandler is a legit center and Miami didn't have one.  Also the main reason they lost the 2006 finals is because they didn't have a legit center and the Heat had Shaq. The 2006 Mavs was much more of a jump shooting team then the 2011 squad.

You can still be a jump shooting team if you have a good center. Actually, having a good and athletic center like Chandler makes a jump shooting team better by spacing out the floor and creating open shots outside the perimeter. And Dirk could go inside but he was making just as many jump shots as layups in that post season with a team that shot even more jumpshots.

But of course Chandler didnt attempt as many jump shots just like any normal center wouldn't.

Chasesdaddy84 said:

I'm pretty sure there is a stats/sabermetrics site, (I'll google it in a minute) that keeps track of team efficency, player effieciency, and compares them to past and present teams. This Golden State Warriors squad ranked something like the 3rd greatest team of ALL TIME. They break down the numbers over something like 40 years, common opponents, strength of schedule, the list goes on and on.

The Warriors were the Top offense and Top defense (efficiency, which is all that matters). Bogut was maybe the actual DPOY when the numbers were crunched. Draymond SHOULD have won. Their outside game is off the charts but what I think surprised people is them being top 5 in INSIDE scoring. Klay, Steph, Barnes, Andre, and many other inside threats that also serve as outside threats.

All this hating by (already forgot his name) is extremely entertaining nonetheless. (also his opinion, with arbitrary numbers thrown in for good measure).

The real numbers don't lie, the facts do not lie, this Warriors team if they win it all is one of the greatest in NBA History. The experts (almost) unanimously agree. Fans agree. Players agree. Obviously when that happens you are going to get a few of those people that just HAVE to prove that isn't the case.

In the end it won't matter. The Championship is for THIS YEAR. So This year is all that matters. I highly doubt the Warriors or Steve Kerr is worried they are "overrated" as they raise the trophy. All because one guy is bitter his (Clippers?) didn't make it. A Clippers team which is FARRRR more overrated than this Warriors squad. They were pretenders, the Warriors (even Rockets, Grizz) are/were contenders.

LOL you are kidding yourself if you really think this Warriors team will be one of the greatest teams of all time if they win the title.  I'm not saying they are the worst ever but they are close to the bottom easily in the bottom 20 of all teams that have won titles.  Pretty much every team that won the title since and including all the Celtics dynasty teams are better.  If they win the title they will be forgotten faster then 2003-04 Detroit Piston even though that team actually acomplished something in the playoffs and the finals they eliminated a team with four HOF players (Kobe, Shaq, Karl Malone and Gary Payton).

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Chasesdaddy84 said:

LOL you are kidding yourself if you really think this Warriors team will be one of the greatest teams of all time if they win the title.  I'm not saying they are the worst ever but they are close to the bottom easily in the bottom 20 of all teams that have won titles.  Pretty much every team that won the title since and including all the Celtics dynasty teams are better.  If they win the title they will be forgotten faster then 2003-04 Detroit Piston even though that team actually acomplished something in the playoffs and the finals they eliminated a team with four HOF players (Kobe, Shaq, Karl Malone and Gary Payton).

You do realize you are just saying stuff, right? You are literally just spewing your opinion and doing it in such a confident way, I'm still kinda thinking you're just trolling us all really hard lol... Sure in the end everything is subjective opinions... Except for when the cold hard FACTS and advanced saber-metrics (which is about the only believable 'stats' out there) prove almost everything you are saying is false in every sense of the word. 

It's almost as if you had your mind made up about this Warriors team probably since the start of the season. Had they won 75 games this season you would be here spewing the same things. Because your mind is made up before hand. You are going to say what you have to say, because you are so certain how you feel is right. Even though you are very wrong. This isn't the BEST team ever by a long shot. But they undoubtedly will go down as one of the top 20 teams (regular and post season) of all time. The experts say this, the advanced metrics say this (which is about as accurate a gauge you can get on a team), and nearly every fan with half a brain. They aren't the greatest team ever but they have been in so many discussions among experts, most of which played on the very teams you are saying were better. I'll take the players from those actual teams opinion over your predetermined extremely biased and ignorant opinion. Come on man. You've taken this too far, you can tell us you're joking now. 

Chasesdaddy84 said:

This Golden State Warriors squad ranked something like the 3rd greatest team of ALL TIME. They break down the numbers over something like 40 years, common opponents, strength of schedule, the list goes on and on.

The real numbers don't lie, the facts do not lie, this Warriors team if they win it all is one of the greatest in NBA History. The experts (almost) unanimously agree. Fans agree. Players agree. 

Third greatest of all-time?  LOL.  Yet, they currently sit tied against arguably the most key player injured team in Finals history?   You can take metrics all you'd like, they are absolutely imperfect, otherwise they would be beating the doors off of this Cavaliers squad.

Rpruett said:
Chasesdaddy84 said:

This Golden State Warriors squad ranked something like the 3rd greatest team of ALL TIME. They break down the numbers over something like 40 years, common opponents, strength of schedule, the list goes on and on.

The real numbers don't lie, the facts do not lie, this Warriors team if they win it all is one of the greatest in NBA History. The experts (almost) unanimously agree. Fans agree. Players agree. 

Third greatest of all-time?  LOL.  Yet, they currently sit tied against arguably the most key player injured team in Finals history?   You can take metrics all you'd like, they are absolutely imperfect, otherwise they would be beating the doors off of this Cavaliers squad.

The Cavs are in the NBA Finals. They beat a lot of very good teams to get here. They have won with injuries and without. EVERY series has to be judged individually and the Cavs are playing amazing basketball. You act as if this Cavs team is a bunch of crap players but I bet after this year EVERY player that has played this series gets either a raise on a new team or a starting spot (outside of Kyrie Irving he keeps his spot obviously). What else is hilarious is... All of these all time great players who played on these all time great teams that you two keep bring up, are the ones fueling this argument that this Warriors team is one of the best ever. I'm entertaining your thoughts because I do love to see all sides of it and nothing wrong with some back and forth. but... I'll stick with the guys who played the game, the guys who live the game every day. They are saying how this team is one of the best they have ever seen. Michael Jordan played in how many game 7's? He struggled against MANY inferior opponents. All that matters in the end is if you win.. and the entire body of work. From start to finish. This Warriors team since game 1 has dominated. I mean being 57-0 in games which they have led by 15 points... NO TEAM has even come close to being up by 15 points 57 times in ONE season! Let alone being 57-0 in those games. There is so many off the charts, historic feats this Warriors team accomplished this year... 

It's baffling why you're out to hate... just to hate.. I mean the Tim Tebow avatar tells me all I need to know (; lol 

Just some good sports debate. I get a little caught up haha No hard feelings (: 

Advanced metrics and sabremetric are more or less nothing more then a bunch of useless stats.  Didn't the GM of the Rockets rightfully got critized not that long ago for believing too much in advanced metrics.   If you actually somewhat knowelegdable about most of the teams that won the championships the last 40 years then you know the Warriors don't measure up to any of those teams.  Heck I already gave compelling case earlier with the 94-95 Houston Rocket they won 20 less games then this years Warriors team during the regular season and they still would sweep them in a seven game series since no one on the Warriors could defend agaist the Dream.  Heck even the team they swept in the finals would beat the Warrior in a seven game series since that team had Shaq and Penny at or near their prime and Horace Grant still was pretty good also and unlike the Cavs team that they currently play both of those teams didn't have any major injuries during the regular or post season they both where nine to ten men deep not just seven like the current Cavs.

amp316 said:
Chris Hu said:

What I get from this massive wall of text that more or less you agreeing with what I'm sayig so lets come to a consensus if they win it all they will be the most overrated team to win it all in a very long time.  Most likely since the last Warrior team to win a championship.  So to put is simple if they win it all they will be the most overrated team to win a title in the last 40 years.

I see what you're doing here now.  The Warriors won the title in 1975 (40 years ago) and this team will be the most overrated to win since that team.  That team that had four players that averaged in double figures.  One averaged over 30 a game.  His name was Rick Barry.  You may have heard of him.

So this Warriors team would be the most overrated since the Warriors in '75?  Even if this is true (I'm not saying that it is), the Warriors have had a better run than ALL of Cleveland sports in the last 40 years. 

I see that you are still bitter that the Cavs knocked the Bulls out the playoffs.  Anway that 75' Warriors team actually was pretty good and they defeated a superior Baltimore Bullets team in the finals and that Bullet team would proof their greatness three years later by defeating the almost ready for prime time Seattle Super Sonics in the finals and that Sonics team won the title the folloing season.  Anyway this years Warrior team isn't great since they are having a hard time finishing off a Cavs team that is down to a seven man rotation.  Plus Dellavendova is currently the player with the lowest regular season numbers to ever start in a finals game.  If the Warrior where truely great this series would have already been over.