By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NBA Playoffs 2015 NBA FINALS. Warriors win Series 4-2!

WHO WILL WIN THE NBA FINALS?

Golden State Warriors 53 66.25%

Cleveland Cavaliers 27 33.75%

Total:80

I'm going for my Grizzlies.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
Beating the Warriors 4 times for any team is going to be almost impossible.

If anybody can do it its the Cavs I guess.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Beating the Warriors 4 times for any team is going to be almost impossible.

I think the Spurs and Clippers could do it as well, but they're versing each other because of the NBA's shitty seeding rules. As for the Cavs, I don't think a team playing iso most of the time can beat the Warriors. They're too predictable.

In the East the Bulls just aren't clicking. The talent is there, the potential is there to win it all, but something is missing and the team just isn't clicking. On the other hand ATL and CLE are clicking big time, everything is working smooth in these teams. WSH is a possitive surprise for me, they play much better than they did the last part of the regular season. I don't think anyone expected them to manhandle the Raptors the way they are doing it. It will be very difficult for them vs. ATL, but you can tell these guys are stepping up and frankly I wouldn't expect anything less from a talented group led by The Truth. I eventually expect ATL to get to the finals (vs. CLE), where they can struggle a bit because of the recent loss of an important rotation player. But WSH will put up a good fight.

In the West I think SAS would be very confident entering a series against the GSW. They took them down in the regular season, they are the champions, what should they be afraid of? SAS would be the favourite of such a series, easily. Still, I think every one of the top 5 teams can win the West. GSW, MEM, SAS, HOU, LAC - it's a toss up. GSW should defeat MEM, but just how banged up will they be after that series? Will their crazy jumpers be falling all the time after 6-7 games with the Grindmasters? GSW will be hurt after that series. To tell the truth, I really like the Clippers this season, don't know if this team can get any better, but my brain tells me to never bet against the Spurs. This match up is better than anything we are gonna get in the East this year. Two hottest teams entering the Playoffs (both won 10 out of their last 11 games). Awesome pair and nobody can predict who is gonna win.
Houston is a great team, but they still haven't reached their full potential, though in their last game was pretty darn close to what they can be.
I feel injuries may play a huge role in the West this year, they sure are slowing Memphis down and took Portland out of the equation. SAS are also struggling because of injuries. Wonder who is gonna be next...

If I was to pick now, I'd love to see the LAC or HOU winning, but my brain tells me to go with SAS defeating CLE in the end. Their injuries make me a bit worried, but I hope they can overcome it.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Love reading everyone's responses and opinions!! Some good stuff here. Scisca, it's hard to disagree with any of what you said... Although the Spurs were spunky and looked a lot fresher even 2 months ago.. They look a little sluggish and we are only in round 1. That series might go 7 games which I think the Warriors would love. If the Spurs do win that series let's not forget, I'm pretty sure they play the winner of the Grizzlies Trail Blazers series (dont quote me on that but I'm pretty sure). The Warriors play the winner of the Rockets Mavs series. So the Spurs have a ways to go, and if the Warriors sweep round 1 and 2 in 4 games.. they will have A LOT more rest than most of the other teams heading into the conference finals in the East and West.

Then again I bet none of this happens... It never happens how I think lol So... Let's say Spurs beat the Clippers in 6, sweep the 2nd round, beat the Warriors in the Western Conference Finals, and Pop and company beat LeBron again in the Finals and Tim Duncan goes off into the sunset. That version sounds kinda fun actually.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
In the East the Bulls just aren't clicking. The talent is there, the potential is there to win it all, but something is missing and the team just isn't clicking. On the other hand ATL and CLE are clicking big time, everything is working smooth in these teams. WSH is a possitive surprise for me, they play much better than they did the last part of the regular season. I don't think anyone expected them to manhandle the Raptors the way they are doing it. It will be very difficult for them vs. ATL, but you can tell these guys are stepping up and frankly I wouldn't expect anything less from a talented group led by The Truth. I eventually expect ATL to get to the finals (vs. CLE), where they can struggle a bit because of the recent loss of an important rotation player. But WSH will put up a good fight.

In the West I think SAS would be very confident entering a series against the GSW. They took them down in the regular season, they are the champions, what should they be afraid of? SAS would be the favourite of such a series, easily. Still, I think every one of the top 5 teams can win the West. GSW, MEM, SAS, HOU, LAC - it's a toss up. GSW should defeat MEM, but just how banged up will they be after that series? Will their crazy jumpers be falling all the time after 6-7 games with the Grindmasters? GSW will be hurt after that series. To tell the truth, I really like the Clippers this season, don't know if this team can get any better, but my brain tells me to never bet against the Spurs. This match up is better than anything we are gonna get in the East this year. Two hottest teams entering the Playoffs (both won 10 out of their last 11 games). Awesome pair and nobody can predict who is gonna win.
Houston is a great team, but they still haven't reached their full potential, though in their last game was pretty darn close to what they can be.
I feel injuries may play a huge role in the West this year, they sure are slowing Memphis down and took Portland out of the equation. SAS are also struggling because of injuries. Wonder who is gonna be next...

If I was to pick now, I'd love to see the LAC or HOU winning, but my brain tells me to go with SAS defeating CLE in the end. Their injuries make me a bit worried, but I hope they can overcome it.

Thibodeau simpley doesn't know how to coach offense. You can clearly see that the players aren't trained well when it comes to offense.

Most of the time you see them standing still and no movement at all. 

It is only when Noah has the ball you see nicce cutting from the players and when Rose is on the floor that disappear. 

TheGoldenBoy said:
alternine said:

I think the Spurs and Clippers could do it as well, but they're versing each other because of the NBA's shitty seeding rules. As for the Cavs, I don't think a team playing iso most of the time can beat the Warriors. They're too predictable.

I agree. They definitely have to change things up if they meet in the finals.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

re: Bulls

Its understandable for ppl to be skeptical, the starters haven't played together much. 15-5 record in the reg season, and now 18-5 counting the playoffs, very good but a small sample size. So they still have some learning to do as far as playing together; Rose is the alpha but the emergence of Butler this yr means Rose has to learn and give up some touches, and feed his teammates at the right times.

Yes on paper they look great, Gasol Butler and Rose is enough to carry the offense but this team to win it all has to have Noah/Taj back in old form defensively. Round 2 vs CLE wll be tough, and that's the series where the Bulls really need them to "bully" the Cavs on the interior.

Going for the Houston Rockets. As a Thunder fan I still got love for Harden.

ATL HAWKS!!!!