By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Like Mortal Kombat X And All But...

Tagged games:

Nem said:
alternine said:

The fatalities were pretty much one of the reasons I bought the game. Its about time they started getting realistic.

I worry about you...

ganoncrotch said:
Nem said:

It didnt irk you to see characters there you fight against but cant play as?

There are still variation characters in SF4 story that you can't play as, Akuma/Oni when encountered after Seth have very altered move sets to the playable versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us755YS45H4

note things like

https://youtu.be/us755YS45H4?t=1m18s

Aerial double fireball that isn't EX (he doesn't use meter for the double)

He can also do a very short range version of Akumas phase forward/backwards.

They are playable. I want to play as Rain and theres a really cool one there i cant use.

Do you mean that Akuma is playable? I mean shin-Akuma, oni, gouken have boss variants that are not playable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqQG7jkYNyI > evil ryu variant, if you know the character watch the phase canceling in the 3rd round.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:

Do you mean that Akuma is playable? I mean shin-Akuma, oni, gouken have boss variants that are not playable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqQG7jkYNyI > evil ryu variant, if you know the character watch the phase canceling in the 3rd round.

I mean the whole character. Its not the same as a variant. Ofc CPU controlled versions will be more powerful when they are final or secret bosses. Evil Ryu and Oni are playable characters on the roster. Missing one move or a variant of a move if a design choice wich has balance in mind i would suppose.

The case in MK is that you have a modeled character, with all its moves wich are there and can be modded and played as in the PC version that isnt possible on the console versions. I understand that he is incomplete and missing his variants, but to me that shows the game was rushed out before they had a chance to finish him, Tanya, Sindel and Baraka.

Nem said:
ganoncrotch said:

I mean the whole character. Its not the same as a variant. Ofc CPU controlled versions will be more powerful when they are final or secret bosses. Evil Ryu and Oni are playable characters on the roster. Missing one move or a variant of a move if a design choice wich has balance in mind i would suppose.

The case in MK is that you have a modeled character, with all its moves wich are there and can be modded and played as in the PC version that isnt possible on the console versions. I understand that he is incomplete and missing his variants, but to me that shows the game was rushed out before they had a chance to finish him, Tanya, Sindel and Baraka.

Could be worse, Street fighter X Tekken had pretty much the full set of 15+ extra Disk Locked Content characters ready at launch of the half a game for 60euros.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:

Could be worse, Street fighter X Tekken had pretty much the full set of 15+ extra Disk Locked Content characters ready at launch of the half a game for 60euros.

Yes, it could be worse, but it doesnt make it good. SFxT suffered alot because of that.

ganoncrotch said:
Launch window gamers are now just extended beta test group, most are fine doing it tho since those who buy a game so early are normally fans who don't mind being the ones who encounter issues so they get fixed so that the product becomes a better game down the line. Some times anyway, as long as the bugs stop gameplay completely.

^^^^ This

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Around the Network
Nem said:
ganoncrotch said:

Yes, it could be worse, but it doesnt make it good. SFxT suffered alot because of that.

Yeah indeed the reverse title, Tekken X Street Fighter hasn't been so much as talked about since then, the game that was meant to play like a Tekken game with Street fighter chars in it.

alternine said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrjKXu5ayCM

The game is pretty unbalanced.

I mean seriously, how did this get past testing?

Characters that do 1/3 of a life bar in damage without a meter burn.

Xrays having super armor so you can throw one out without fear of punishment.

Come on Netherrealm...

Tagged game and talk of unbalance just reminds me of the current PC version:

Seems a bit stupid and unfair about the meter burn though and I thought you could counter X-Rays with burning some of your own meter or is that not possible?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
alternine said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrjKXu5ayCM

The game is pretty unbalanced.

I mean seriously, how did this get past testing?

Characters that do 1/3 of a life bar in damage without a meter burn.

Xrays having super armor so you can throw one out without fear of punishment.

Come on Netherrealm...

Tagged game and talk of unbalance just reminds me of the current PC version:

Seems a bit stupid and unfair about the meter burn though and I thought you could counter X-Rays with burning some of your own meter or is that not possible?.

Nope They made Xrays godlike this time around. It blows through everything lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:

Well that ain't bright, I guess if I get this I'll be playing strictly against friends and AI, if I can't counter them then playing online with some lag in the mix would make them pretty annoying for me.

There needs to be more ways or methods to counter most moves in fighting games besides ultras or finishers.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
alternine said:

Well that ain't bright, I guess if I get this I'll be playing strictly against friends and AI, if I can't counter them then playing online with some lag in the mix would make them pretty annoying for me.

There needs to be more ways or methods to counter most moves in fighting games besides ultras or finishers.

Agreed 100% Hopefully SFV learns from this and gives you tools to counter such nonsense.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3