By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Like Mortal Kombat X And All But...

Tagged games:

Nem said:
sundin13 said:
Nem said:

MKX is mortal kombat 10. Dunno what the X stands for. Maybe the green power that runs in the cage family.

Roman numerals man...roman numerals

They have said that the game is called MK "Ex", not MK10... though it is the 10th in the series. Yeah the roman numeral is obvious, but there has to be more to it. I'm sure the next one wont be called MKXI.

...Roman numerals man

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Nem said:

They have said that the game is called MK "Ex", not MK10... though it is the 10th in the series. Yeah the roman numeral is obvious, but there has to be more to it. I'm sure the next one wont be called MKXI.

...Roman numerals man

I see you are purposely ignoring what i said. There is more to it than just the numeral. What i said first fits if you played the story mode.

Nem said:
sundin13 said:

...Roman numerals man

I see you are purposely ignoring what i said. There is more to it than just the numeral. What i said first fits if you played the story mode.

Fair enough...that comment just read as one of the most ridiculous I have ever seen and it took me a second to recover from it.

Honestly, its probably just because roman numerals look better and sound better than saying "ten". Ten just isn't a sexy number, while X is probably one of the sexiest letters. I'd guess that they will go back to subtitles for 11 as neither the number nor the roman numerals look attractive.

How does it link to Johnny's power though? From what I can tell (through google) it isn't refered to as anything X related, but I could have missed something

sundin13 said:
Nem said:

Fair enough...that comment just read as one of the most ridiculous I have ever seen and it took me a second to recover from it.

Honestly, its probably just because roman numerals look better and sound better than saying "ten". Ten just isn't a sexy number, while X is probably one of the sexiest letters. I'd guess that they will go back to subtitles for 11 as neither the number nor the roman numerals look attractive.

How does it link to Johnny's power though? From what I can tell (through google) it isn't refered to as anything X related, but I could have missed something

I was trying to avoid spoliers so.... spoiler warning!!!

Johnny's green aura when a loved one is in danger makes him invulnerable to Shinnok's attacks. At the end, Cassie uses the same power as her father is captured to do the same and save the realms. I imagine this power is the X as its never described as more than something inherited from some warrior tribe.

Nem said:

Johnny's green aura when a loved one is in danger makes him invulnerable to Shinnok's attacks. At the end, Cassie uses the same power as her father is captured to do the same and save the realms. I imagine this power is the X as its never described as more than something inherited from some warrior tribe.

Seems like a bit of a stretch...

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Nem said:

Seems like a bit of a stretch...

You go ask them then. Ed boon said it was MKX and not MK10. If its just to sound better that is fine, but the statement says it isnt 10. If it isnt 10 it cant be just the roman numeral unless he just lied to us.
But the theory i sugested is the central theme of the story, so i dont see how it is a stretch.