By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X "Story Trailer"

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Vodacixi said:

I want you people to show me a game with the same scale of Xenoblade Chronicles for GC/PS2/Wii (Xbox was more powerful, so yeah) with better textures than Xenoblade.

Also, show me a PS360 game with the scale of Xenoblade Chronicles X with better textures. When you do, I'll accept those games have crappy textures for open world rpg standards.

I've been proving them wrong time and time again with examples every time they said the characters look like PS2 quality (which has been MANY times over the past year), I don't think some people are here to actually understand things and just want to complain.

Yeah, they just don't want to listen.  Is like they really enjoy throwing crap to game. You prove them wrong, they act like you didn't say anything and in the next Xenoblade post they will complain AGAIN about textures and faces. I'm really tired of this shit...

PwerlvlAmy said:
Maraccuda said:
Nice trailer, I just wish it wasnt so laggy at times, but that is just youtube and my browser as usual.

Really cant wait for this game. Loved the first game, will love this one too.

Also, why is there so much hate for this game? I didnt think it was a game that garnered much hate besides its graphics.

There's hate for the game,mostly because its on a Nintendo console. If it was on another system,it would be getting full on praise o.o

If it was on another platform it'll be the second coming of Christ with a cult worshipping it.

Nice trailer, and it's nice to see a little bit of background about what will actually come of the game. Seems to be a lot of people involved in the story looking at that, as was the case with XC, so looking forward to playing it to find out more!

Can't believe it's only a week away in Japan...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Seriously who cares about graphics, as long as the gameplay and story is good thats all that matters!!

Around the Network
cyberninja45 said:

This is interesting, xenoblade is probably one of my favorite games of last gen but graphics (especially texture)  is not one of its strong points not even by wii standards, I am pretty sure there are lot of ps2 games with better texture quality, the only thing xenoblade chronicles has going for it visually is probably the size of the world, but the first thing you notice about the XCX video is the low res textures.

Also why is it at this late stage that you are now only realizing that you won't be blow away by this game graphically were you not aware of the specs of the wiiU or something? Unless you are aware of some hidden power that the wiiU has, that everyone else missed, that should have made this game a technical marvel to look at?

Xenoblade was technically impressive because of the wide array of textures, models and world data present, the textures being low resolution was expected considering he console only had 64mb vram with 3mb egpu tex mem, getting the world in like they did was impressive specifically because of that limitation.

The textures for XCX jump out the most because it's a console with gb available to vram and 32mb ed for gpucpu interfacing, so seeing them stick with the same cost-cutting measures they used for XC is dissapointing, it shows that the team hasnt quite moved onwards towards developing for higher performance hardware and are still stuck in their ways penny pinching for resources that are no longer a major issue.

The fact that theres a known texture pop-in issue for textures of this detail only further underlines that while the game itself may well be good, and enjoyable to play, from a technical standpoint, monolith are not yet ready to make good use of the WiiU hardware.

To put it bluntly, the graphical quality shown thus far for XCX, isn't the limit of the WiiU's capability, far from it infact, hence my dissapointment.

Well im done, GOTY right here. It looks sooo amazing. Also am i the only one who thinks the character models looks better now? they look more appealing

alternine said:
Im not saying the game is bad. I just hope people are keeping their expectations in check.

Don't worry, we only expect it to be 5 times better than the original Xenoblade (or 4.8 times better than TLOU or Mario Galaxy as a reference for those who skipped Xenoblade the first time around).

Our expectations are perfectly realistic. ^_^

Looks good in terms of art style. Shame it seems so far away still

so when they will release this game for NA?