By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X "Story Trailer"

Edit: I never even read this thread. This was for Tachikoma's thread.

I have no interest in the game, but gaining some insight from a game developer is interesting. Especially the parts on symmetry in the game. A much appreciated read.

A lot of phallus looking things on that one model.

Around the Network

I need this game NOW. One of the main complaints in the reviews from Famitsu was there were too many cutscenes. Personally I am completely fine with that. I love cutscenes and it's not like 1/3rd of the game is cutscenes (looking at you The Order). There were also a lot of them in Xenoblade on the Wii and I would look forward to them EVERY SINGLE TIME. Which I am going to presume that I will be with this one too. SO MUCH HYPE. Now give us a western release date PLEASE.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Goodnightmoon said:
Tachikoma said:

Xenoblade was technically impressive because of the wide array of textures, models and world data present, the textures being low resolution was expected considering he console only had 64mb vram with 3mb egpu tex mem, getting the world in like they did was impressive specifically because of that limitation.

The textures for XCX jump out the most because it's a console with gb available to vram and 32mb ed for gpucpu interfacing, so seeing them stick with the same cost-cutting measures they used for XC is dissapointing, it shows that the team hasnt quite moved onwards towards developing for higher performance hardware and are still stuck in their ways penny pinching for resources that are no longer a major issue.

The fact that theres a known texture pop-in issue for textures of this detail only further underlines that while the game itself may well be good, and enjoyable to play, from a technical standpoint, monolith are not yet ready to make good use of the WiiU hardware.

To put it bluntly, the graphical quality shown thus far for XCX, isn't the limit of the WiiU's capability, far from it infact, hence my dissapointment.

So you are one of those people who thinks that there´s a hidden power on the WiiU hardware? Dont you think that this is the most advanced and ambitious wiiu game from a tecnicall pov? And if not, what is the game that uses the WiiU hardware in the best way in your opinion?

It is one of the most advanced. However, if they utilized the Wii U's power, it could have been upgraded even more. That's the point.

EricFabian said:
Scisca said:
Looks awesome. Can't wait to play it Here's hoping for a Wii U price cut on E3. $100 would be perfect

you know you will never buy one if you are really waiting for this lol

Why? Is the game or Wii U suddenly going to evaporate?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Wyrdness said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

There's hate for the game,mostly because its on a Nintendo console. If it was on another system,it would be getting full on praise o.o

If it was on another platform it'll be the second coming of Christ with a cult worshipping it.

...but Nintendo fans would be downplaying it and saying it's nowhere near as good of an RPG as the upcoming Paper Mario and SMTxFE. That's just the nature of things.

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

Around the Network
Scisca said:
Wyrdness said:

If it was on another platform it'll be the second coming of Christ with a cult worshipping it.

...but Nintendo fans would be downplaying it and saying it's nowhere near as good of an RPG as the upcoming Paper Mario and SMTxFE. That's just the nature of things.

I haven't seen Nintendo fans downplaying Bloodborne and Paper Mario will likely be better than xbxc yes.

Scisca said:
EricFabian said:

you know you will never buy one if you are really waiting for this lol

Why? Is the game or Wii U suddenly going to evaporate?

No, I was talking about $100 price cut.

Click HERE and be happy 

Scisca said:
Wyrdness said:

I don't see as many Nintendo fans downplaying the games on other platforms tbh let alone saying what you're implying here, in fact comparisons came from other fans when the game was first shown as a number of people flooded the thread using RDR and so on to down play XCX. If anything I see a lot of Nintendo fans say they prefer one game but still look forward to the other or that the other game still looks good regardless.

Wyrdness said:
Scisca said:

I don't see as many Nintendo fans downplaying the games on other platforms tbh let alone saying what you're implying here, in fact comparisons came from other fans when the game was first shown as a number of people flooded the thread using RDR and so on to down play XCX. If anything I see a lot of Nintendo fans say they prefer one game but still look forward to the other or that the other game still looks good regardless.

I agree. For example, before they were released, you saw a ton of people who played Playstation have constant arguments between The Order and Bloodborne. However, I have not once seen an argument between Nintendo fans about Xenoblade Chronicles X and SMT x FE.

Wyrdness said:
Scisca said:

Of course you don't. I could tell that just by looking at your avatar