By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X "Story Trailer"

sc94597 said:

Also Tatsu's short story alluded to "hom homs" and this trailer has a Telethia. Hm...

As cool as it would be for them to be connected, it could just be Takahashi's design style, like how the dolls resemble the mechs from Xenogears.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:

Well, humanity has only just arrived here, but we don't know if this war was our first contact with aliens.  She coudl also just be the last of a human-esque race. 

Also Tatsu's short story alluded to "hom homs" and this trailer has a Telethia. Hm...

That was a Telethia? 100% confirmed? If so, I wouldn't think they are related to the ones of the Wii game. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

This game gonna be excellent
Good trailer btw

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
EricFabian said:
Scisca said:

So you think Wii U will never drop to $199? That's a brave statement

How is the actual price of PS3?

Around 145 Euro in my country. Why?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Metallox said:
sc94597 said:

That was a Telethia? 100% confirmed? If so, I wouldn't think they are related to the ones of the Wii game. 

One of the soundtrack's is called  Lao Chimera Telethia  and the soundtrack's seem to have spoilers riddled in their titles and lyrics. 

As for appearance, they are pretty close.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
sc94597 said:

As cool as it would be for them to be connected, it could just be Takahashi's design style, like how the dolls resemble the mechs from Xenogears.

If it were any single thing alone, you know, like Zohar showing up in the lifepods or the monado in the hairclip I'd say, yeah you have a point, but there is much more explicit hinting here. Maybe it is because they aren't constrained by not having the IP like they were with other titles. 

Here is a translation of the first two short stories. 

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1NZO8F6qMK8cWr8LYhj4g4P7Quu-_jZadkQXyFBaLm6g/pub

"A sound argument. It embodied the sacred teachings passed down from the ‘hom hom’ of Nopon legends--"If man will not work, he shall not eat.""

"Guess it no use. At this rate, Ron be elected legendary heropon. Must avoid that"

"Together, the two of them hail from the Nopon of the Dudunga Caravan."

sc94597 said:
curl-6 said:

If it were any single thing alone, you know, like Zohar showing up in the lifepods or the monado in the hairclip I'd say, yeah you have a point, but there is much more explicit hinting here. Maybe it is because they aren't constrained by not having the IP like they were with other titles. 

Here is a translation of the first two short stories. 

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1NZO8F6qMK8cWr8LYhj4g4P7Quu-_jZadkQXyFBaLm6g/pub

"A sound argument. It embodied the sacred teachings passed down from the ‘hom hom’ of Nopon legends--"If man will not work, he shall not eat.""

"Guess it no use. At this rate, Ron be elected legendary heropon. Must avoid that"

"Together, the two of them hail from the Nopon of the Dudunga Caravan."

I still expect it's a spiritual sequel retaining some of the same races and a new nods, not an actual story successor. (Though the latter would be cool)

Wyrdness said:
Scisca said:

...but Nintendo fans would be downplaying it and saying it's nowhere near as good of an RPG as the upcoming Paper Mario and SMTxFE. That's just the nature of things.

I don't see as many Nintendo fans downplaying the games on other platforms tbh let alone saying what you're implying here, in fact comparisons came from other fans when the game was first shown as a number of people flooded the thread using RDR and so on to down play XCX. If anything I see a lot of Nintendo fans say they prefer one game but still look forward to the other or that the other game still looks good regardless.

??? All their talk about how gameplay is next to non-existent on other consoles and that all there is to Sony's side is graphics, graphics, graphics?

You don't see that often?

It even happens in threads that are about graphic design position openings. -__-

Heck, there are Nintendo fans saying the graphics of XCX are just as good as those in The Witcher 3... O_o

Hynad said:

??? All the talk about how gameplay is next to non-existent on other consoles and that all there is to Sony's side is graphics, graphics, graphics?

It even happens in threads that are about graphic design position openings. -__-

Heck, there are Nintendo fans saying the graphics of XCX are just as good as those in The Witcher 3... O_o

That's one extreme outlier whose claims other Nintendo fans cringe at.

curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

??? All the talk about how gameplay is next to non-existent on other consoles and that all there is to Sony's side is graphics, graphics, graphics?

That's one extreme outlier whose claims other Nintendo fans cringe at.

The point still stands. Those things happen. And they happen often. 

People think they have it worse because they react/get upset when it happens to them or their side of the gaming fandom, but they don't when it happens to the others. They're not bothered by all the trolling and baiting comments made against the other companies in the way they are when it's their favourite company/console that gets targetted.