By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: 3DS will increase MORE than PS4 this year.

Which will have a better increase?

PS4 of course, it will se... 36 29.75%

PS4 48 39.67%

3DS 37 30.58%

Total:121

Nope, PS4 will win.

Around the Network

Last year, I would believe that 3DS is going to have a blast because of Smash Bros.

Now, it's hard to believe. Yeah, there is Majora's Mask 3D and Xenoblade Chronicles but, they were released before 3DS.

If there's a new Pokemon game this year (Which is expected), Ik it's going to be a blast but, remember last 2013 that despite Pokemon X and Y's release, 3DS didn't sell a lot.

3DS's sale did increase last 2014 which is expected.

For PS4 though. This year? Idk. Depends. The Order was horrible although Bloodborne did great. Bloodborne though isn't really the main thing about PS4. PlayStation has Uncharted which, the next Uncharted game will be release next year.

Click Here To Check Out My YT Channel!

zorg1000 said:
teigaga said:
Hmm, I wouldn't bet either way. Its up a lot but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a huge nosedive by the end of the summer and a weak holiday WW. Japans sales dropped pretty suddenly.

What do u mean Japan's sales dropped suddenly? It's down a mere 9% YoY 15 weeks into the year.

I mean after the N3DS launch.

If i can, i expect a price drop for PS4 this holiday, but not more than 50$.
Look PS1 and PS2... PS4 sell at beating level, so, unrless the sales will dropped like a rock by now, i don't see a 100$ price drop.
Also, ok the price drop, but after???
Uncharted is delayed... what games have PS4?
The Witcher? Mortal Kombat? Batman?
This games not even close to Watch_Dogs and Destiny sales!
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 is gonna to sell less than Advanced Warfare considering the CoD dropped ALL YEAR by 2011. 
God Of War III will be nothing... ecc... and last year PS4 have GTA V damn... GTA V!!!!!!
In short: PS4 will be lucky if will sell 16,000,000 this year.

For the 3DS: as for now we don't know the holiday line up, but a Pokémon game is sure (Pokémon is become a annual brand), other games will annunced at E3, and why no, don't forget that even 3DS can have a price drop this holiday!

That is juat my opinion guys. :D

Ryng_Tolu said:

If i can, i expect a price drop for PS4 this holiday, but not more than 50$.
Look PS1 and PS2... PS4 sell at beating level, so, unrless the sales will dropped like a rock by now, i don't see a 100$ price drop.
Also, ok the price drop, but after???
Uncharted is delayed... what games have PS4?
The Witcher? Mortal Kombat? Batman?
This games not even close to Watch_Dogs and Destiny sales!
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 is gonna to sell less than Advanced Warfare considering the CoD dropped ALL YEAR by 2011. 
God Of War III will be nothing... ecc... and last year PS4 have GTA V damn... GTA V!!!!!!
In short: PS4 will be lucky if will sell 16,000,000 this year.

For the 3DS: as for now we don't know the holiday line up, but a Pokémon game is sure (Pokémon is become a annual brand), other games will annunced at E3, and why no, don't forget that even 3DS can have a price drop this holiday!

That is juat my opinion guys. :D

PS4 still have God of War 3 Remastered (The Last of Us- and GTA V Remastered showed that these games can sell very good), Ratchet & Clank, Tearaway Unfolded and big Indies (Rime, Shadow of the Beast). At E3 we will see Horizon and much more big games for PS4 (Media Molecule project, Sony Santa Monica project, Naughty Dog 2nd project, Sony Bend project, Guerilla Cambridge project, Level 5 project...)! Black Ops 2 was the second biggest Call of Duty game and Black Ops 3 is gonna be big too! Advanced Warfare and Ghosts were new games, the Black Ops series is not new. And in this year there is also no Destiny. The Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight and Mortal Kombat X will all three sell 2M+ only on PS4, they are very big imo! Batman is also getting bundled with PS4. And we don't know what Sony will do holidays 2015, maybe price-cut or maybe slim-version? 

Around the Network

just wanna say those poke remixes in your sig are awesomes!

Honestly I think it will come down to a price cut for either. They really will decide how much they increase.

teigaga said:
zorg1000 said:

What do u mean Japan's sales dropped suddenly? It's down a mere 9% YoY 15 weeks into the year.

I mean after the N3DS launch.

Well u would be wrong, there was no sudden drop in Japan.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Turkish said:
just wanna say those poke remixes in your sig are awesomes!

Very thanks! :D

Yeah, expecially the second is awesome.

Even your Gran Turismo soundrack is good.

PS4 will sell 20 million this year ryng