By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo US March (NPD)! Kirby:RC Legs (58k), LoZ MM 184k, SSBU=100k and 3DS=110k, and More!

generic-user-1 said:
uran10 said:
well guys, Wii U up YoY for 1 more month.... then we all know what will happen unless we get a splatoon bundle MK8 is gonna boost 2014 above 2015.

or pricecut? or mk/smash bundle? or a colorfull splatoon bundle? or mk10+3 amiibos bundle? or pricecut?   they have to do something thats for sure.

Nintendo will release the financial results for fiscal year 14' on 7th of May,I think in a major financial event like that,it's the chance that nintendo could announce the first price cut of 50$ for the wii u!:P

Around the Network
tak13 said:
generic-user-1 said:

or pricecut? or mk/smash bundle? or a colorfull splatoon bundle? or mk10+3 amiibos bundle? or pricecut?   they have to do something thats for sure.

Nintendo will release the financial results for fiscal year 14' on 7th of May,I think in a major financial event like that,it's the chance that nintendo could announce the first price cut of 50$ for the wii u!:P

i think bundling in older games could be easyer to sell to the investors, w101, DKCTF,nintendoland, they are a cheap way of making great bundles.  nobody is buying those games, but when you can get a console with a hand full of games, well thats something familys could consider a steal. they buy value, and a cheap price is the same as a massive bundle.

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

So, it's a multiplatform game? I wonder why Nintendo didn't make it cross-buy and asked consumers to buy it again. Weird.

Oh i didn't know everybody bought each version, seriously you sound very salty about SSB success. Its a shame honestly

No need to answer Lawlight. Just ignore him.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

tak13 said:
generic-user-1 said:

It's possible but I'm personally expecting the price cut to happen in September to go along with Mario Maker.

$249.99 Mario Maker bundle could give some decent momentum going into the holiday season.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
tak13 said:

It's possible but I'm personally expecting the price cut to happen in September to go along with Mario Maker.

$249.99 Mario Maker bundle could give some decent momentum going into the holiday season.

But this isn't too late?Remember,May 31th-August 30th,there was the mario kart 8 effect...160k->90k and then 55-75k baseline!Nintendo would like to continue the current sequential yoy up,and the price drop of 50$ will do that and skyrocket it!The week of release and the after week mainly,is a big obstacle for the yoy growth!I can't say that splatoon will repeat them,or xenoblade x will give the same momentum,it's not impossible but not so probable...

Well with some great bundles/offers I would be more optimistic!:P

I don't know,the fiscal year 14 financial results release which is on May ;) seems to me a great time for the price drop announcement!And since 3DS has surged dramatically because of New 3ds(Call it however you want bro,the rise is very significant),then nintendo is more free to cut the wii u price,right?

Iwata said that only the exchange rates  prevented them to do it,which means that they are planning it and they aren't against it!:P

Around the Network
tak13 said:
zorg1000 said:

But this isn't too late?Remember,May 31th-August 30th,there was the mario kart 8 effect...160k->90k and then 55-75k baseline!Nintendo would like to continue the current sequential yoy up,and the price drop of 50$ will do that and skyrocket it!The week of release and the after week mainly,is a big obstacle for the yoy growth!I can't say that splatoon will repeat them,or xenoblade x will give the same momentum,it's not impossible but not so probable...

Well with some great bundles/offers I would be more optimistic!:P

I don't know,the fiscal year 14 financial results release which is on May ;) seems to me a great time for the price drop announcement!And since 3DS has surged dramatically because of New 3ds(Call it however you want bro,the rise is very significant),then nintendo is more free to cut the wii u price,right?

Iwata said that only the exchange rates  prevented them to do it,which means that they are planning it and they aren't against it!:P

Like i said, it's possible, a $50 price cut and Splatoon bundle in late May would be a good way to push the game if they want it to be big and help the YoY growth to continue in the US.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Oh, I´m so happy for Kirby...

I hope it manages to do 100k Lt on Europe. I will buy it, but probably on holidays.

The ZombiU figure should be standalone units only, as NPD doesn't include bundled software. In other words "sales" from the ZombiU Wii U bundle are excluded. Still pretty bad though.

The W101 and Bayonetta sales makes me sad. Nintendo should release a Platinum collection incl. Bayonetta 1 & 2, W101 and perhaps MadWorld, and also include a Bayonetta Amiibo.

Kinda shocked Mario Party did so well while other games like Kirby fell short. A shame really :/

mjo011 said:

Also LTD for...

~W101= 104k
~ZombiU= 204k
~Bayonetta 2= 157k

While Mario Party 10 and Kirby are selling better than you'd imagine, I think the sales of Bayonetta 2 and ZombiU are more interesting. I realize this is just one market (the US), but these sales are not good. Both are really overtracked by vgchartz, unfortunately.

I just don't understand why people aren't buying Bayonetta. That game is spectacularly good.

It's because Nintendo has lost the audience that would buy something like Zombi U and Bayonetta 2 after years and years of mismanaging themselves in that space so that such an audiene now belongs entirely to Sony/MS. 

Nintendo basically relies on its hardcore fans for the majority of their console sales now, and they just buy Mario/Zelda games and even a large chunk of them own a Sony or MS console that they buy their third party content on. 

That's the problem. And yup, called it that Zombi U was massively overtracked, if it sold as well as VGC was reporting it would have gotten a sequel.