By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo US March (NPD)! Kirby:RC Legs (58k), LoZ MM 184k, SSBU=100k and 3DS=110k, and More!

is codename steam a flop?

Around the Network
jonathanalis said:
is codename steam a flop?

Yes.

But now that the biggest problem of the game has been fixed (you can make x2 and x4 velocity on the enemy turn) maybe will have some legs, and I predict better reviews for the release on Europe, I hope it does well here.

SpokenTruth said:
DélioPT said:
DolPhanTendo said:

I know just do not get you saying a 20 percent increase is bad. 20 percent increase is great just because you expect better numbers doesn't mean it's bad. 

If sales were higher than 20%, it would be good, because at least the growth would actually be substantial.
20% of low sales result in a low growth.

And when you take into consideration that Wii U now has Mario 3D, MK 8, Smash, a better catalog and a lot of the press is now gone, i think it's reasonable to expect a better result.

Also, this pretty much shows that the usual decline in sales for a console already in it's 3rd year on the market, will be more harmful to Wii U than you'd want.
We all know how "well" Nintendo supports it's consoles after it's system sellers are out.

So growth isn't good unless it's substantial growth?

That goal post....

When sales start declining, that same decline will take more time for the console to be "dead" to the market, if the starting point is up there.
When your starting point for decline is Wii U like levels, then the decline will happen rapidly.

If Wii U's plateau is still dangerously low, then yes, the growth needs to be substantial for the console to have a better chance of lasting in the market more time.

What i was also trying to point out is that the actual low growth happened with pratically all of Nintendo's systems sellers: Mario 2D, Mario 3D, Mario Kart and Smash. The only one missing is Zelda.
If with all that Wii U can't take off, then it's future isn't pretty.

DélioPT said:
SpokenTruth said:
DélioPT said:
DolPhanTendo said:

I know just do not get you saying a 20 percent increase is bad. 20 percent increase is great just because you expect better numbers doesn't mean it's bad. 

If sales were higher than 20%, it would be good, because at least the growth would actually be substantial.
20% of low sales result in a low growth.

And when you take into consideration that Wii U now has Mario 3D, MK 8, Smash, a better catalog and a lot of the press is now gone, i think it's reasonable to expect a better result.

Also, this pretty much shows that the usual decline in sales for a console already in it's 3rd year on the market, will be more harmful to Wii U than you'd want.
We all know how "well" Nintendo supports it's consoles after it's system sellers are out.

So growth isn't good unless it's substantial growth?

That goal post....

When sales start declining, that same decline will take more time for the console to be "dead" to the market, if the starting point is up there.
When your starting point for decline is Wii U like levels, then the decline will happen rapidly.

If Wii U's plateau is still dangerously low, then yes, the growth needs to be substantial for the console to have a better chance of lasting in the market more time.

What i was also trying to point out is that the actual low growth happened with pratically all of Nintendo's systems sellers: Mario 2D, Mario 3D, Mario Kart and Smash. The only one missing is Zelda.

I see another boost happening this summer with Splatoon so with 20 percent already happening and add another 20-30 percent on top of that during the summer, that's pretty damn good when 3rd Parties through a hissing fit and bounced.

DolPhanTendo said:
DélioPT said:

I see another boost happening this summer with Splatoon so with 20 percent already happening and add another 20-30 percent on top of that during the summer, that's pretty damn good when 3rd Parties through a hissing fit and bounced.

stop now, MK8 released ending of may.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network
uran10 said:
DolPhanTendo said:
DélioPT said:

stop now, MK8 released ending of may.

I'm talking this year you know 2015. Splatoon releases May 29th

DolPhanTendo said:

He's talking about in terms of YoY. The impact of Splatoon likely won't offset the huge boost the Wii U got last May, so the Wii U could end up down YoY next month as a result. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
DolPhanTendo said:

He's talking about in terms of YoY. The impact of Splatoon likely won't offset the huge boost the Wii U got last May, so the Wii U could end up down YoY next month as a result. 

That's why I only said 20-30 percent YoY MK8 provided huge boost and started the rising from doom. Now with these all these games out and then a new IP getting great reviews the numbers will increase more. I will say it again Splatoon will be a hit, NINTENDO has found their Halo, COD, Battlefield, etc!

DolPhanTendo said:
That's why I only said 20-30 percent YoY MK8 provided huge boost and started the rising from doom. Now with these all these games out and then a new IP getting great reviews the numbers will increase more. I will say it again Splatoon has found their Halo, COD, Battlefield, etc!

I sure hope so. If it sells 1m I'll be very happy. Anything more than that would just be outstanding, imo. 

I'm not gonna question the quality of the game though. It looks to be one of the most fresh experiences this gen.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Mario Kart boost didn't really happen until June due to it only being 2 days of May NPD and the boost for the most part had ended by July when it went back down to the 50-90k baseline that Wii U had from Jan-Oct, excluding June. Wii U only needs to average 72k/month to be up going into the holidays.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.