By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much of a pirate are you/have you been?

Did you ever pirate games?

sure! 106 43.09%

no way! 39 15.85%

I even pirated Pirates! 27 10.98%

only roms for emulators (... 43 17.48%

I don't want to say it a... 16 6.50%

I am too rich to actually care 15 6.10%

Total:246

There be no lawl 'gainst piracy 'ere in Bulgaria. That + not much money = everything must be pirated, YARRG!

I do buy retail/digital games for my 3DS and i have bought several games for the PC.

Around the Network

5TB of movies in the last year or so .. and I downloaded around 2700 movies in the last 2 years

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I do pirate music, tv shows, movies and roms/emulators for old consoles. I don't practice it very often and I don't feel guilty for doing it because everybody else does it, sooooo... But if I was rich, I totally wouldn't mind paying for all that shit.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
PieToast said:
The only thing left for me to do is download a car.

Oh, I did that a lot in Forza Horizon :) Thanks, Season Pass ;) (which I had to buy, of course )

Tachikoma said:
i download roms for rare games i own that i do not wish to damage with use, if that counts.

Well, depends on what the laws say where you live :)

Around the Network
kljesta64 said:
5TB of movies in the last year or so .. and I downloaded around 2700 movies in the last 2 years

"Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor"

The only game I ever pirated is the Sims 3.

I've never done it.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Let's just say my PSP is a better Nintendo system then most Nintendo systems...

For movies I really love and know I'll enjoy I'll always see it in theaters, everything else I download. Money is a big issue with me so I always try to support medias I always know I'll like (100% of my PS3 games are bought on the Playstation store or at retailers), the thing's I download are things I never would of paid for to begin with so it's usually hit or miss if I like it, I can't afford to take a risk and buy something that I'll hate in the first 5 minutes of it and if I do like it I'll always go out and buy the sequel or others in the franchise of that media.

For people who live in poor country like in Indonesia, sure. Not always but i admitted from torrenting anime, movie, music and emulators, and when i was still teenagers i didn't have money to pay PS2 games so most of Indonesian (mostly teenagers ) pay pirated PS2 DVD and PS1 CD, Gaming it's a luxurious stuff in poor country, but when i finally have my own job after collage i am able to buy original one for games. But for movie and music (FLAC, ALC) i am still use torrent. Dollar is getting high in my country most off people cannot pay the original one. Not include high tax etc. So we people who live in Indonesia don't have any choice to enjoy all those stuff.