By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much of a pirate are you/have you been?

Did you ever pirate games?

sure! 106 43.09%

no way! 39 15.85%

I even pirated Pirates! 27 10.98%

only roms for emulators (... 43 17.48%

I don't want to say it a... 16 6.50%

I am too rich to actually care 15 6.10%

Total:246

I use to pirate then I realized that majority of the stuff I pirate I really enjoyed and end up buying them so there's been alot less pirating going on in my life.

Around the Network

I've pirated dozens of games that were never localized. Can't think of many that ever did come to the US that I could purchase.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The only thing left for me to do is download a car.

.- -... -.-. -..

The last thing that maybe came close is using a VPN thing to watch Netflix USA because of the amount of content. Sadly it looks like netflix is tracking people now who do it and block their account.

Tom3k said:
aLkaLiNE said:
I Am a horrible person.

I 2nd that :P

Do you second that as in you agree that aLkaLinNE is a horrible person or as in you're a terrible person too?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Back in the PS1 and PS2 days all of my games were pirate copies, but that was because original games didnt got to my country not to mention that i was a little kid who only got 5 buck a month... so even if i could get my hands on original games there was no way i could actually buy them, after that on the 7th gen era i finally was able to buy original games although they were really expensive on my country (80 bucks each) and then i finally got a way to buy games from Amazon (US) and import them (whcih is actually cheaper than buying them in my country) and i have bought tons of games since then.

And to compensate my times of "piracy" i bought almost every PS1 and PS2 game i truly enjoyed on the PS3 (Legend of Dragoon, MGS 1, 2, 3, Breath of Fire 4, Zone of the Ender 1 and 2, Syphon Filter, Dino Crisis 1 and 2) and i still want to buy some more but im waiting for a good sale on PSN.

When I first started gaming as a little boy I thought people just exchanged games via diskettes and nobody bought them. When I went to a store which sold games for the first time, my jaw fell to the floor.

I wasn't before around 14 years of age that I seriously started pirating thought. Before that I would borrow, rent and buy games and play demos. Then I started really being a huge pirate of PC and PS1 games though I would still buy and exchange games. I didn't have enough money to satiate my needs for diversity. I pirated some on the PS2 but have/had a nice library as well.

Pirated very little on the DS cause I really enjoyed collecting games for it and had money, but used/use flashcarts anyway since they are very practical and can do a lot the bare system can't. Wii/PS3 and on didn't pirate, not even on PC. I even buy games on GOG and as PS1 classics I previously pirated or played but didn't own just for a sense of redemption.

PieToast said:
The only thing left for me to do is download a car.

It's not our fault it's our culture! :p

Nop.
I'm a good customer, i bought my mangas too, i don't only read them on the net.

I don't care about film/series/etc.

i download roms for rare games i own that i do not wish to damage with use, if that counts.