By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much of a pirate are you/have you been?

Did you ever pirate games?

sure! 106 43.09%

no way! 39 15.85%

I even pirated Pirates! 27 10.98%

only roms for emulators (... 43 17.48%

I don't want to say it a... 16 6.50%

I am too rich to actually care 15 6.10%

Total:246

Several years ago, I used to emulate some SNES/N64/PS1 games and I have downloaded a couple of PC games. Not anymore.

Around the Network

I played Mother 3.

I've never pirated what you'd class as a current system and never would. I don't personally however have any moral obligations to emulating older stuff that there is no more money to (realistically) be made.

So I have a JXD7800 which has emulators for NES, SNES, GBA, Megadrive, Master System, NEO GEO etc. I don't feel bad about that in any way shape or form.

I also own a custom firmware PSP. However I only bought this second hand in the middle of last year, long after the PSP was dead and buried.

I bought everything when I had a PS2 and Gamecube. I bought everything when I had a 360. Like I said, I wouldn't pirate anything current, even if it was to become readily available on either the PS4 or Xbox One. But once a system is out of production and nothing is made for it anymore, then in my eyes, its fair game.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Some SNES roms...more than 5 years ago, they were games not even released in Europe. I have never pirated anything else. Don't really listen to music really or watch movies/TV so don't download things.

Then again according to some idiots, because I mainly buy used, this is just as bad for the industry.

Hmm, pie.

I am happy to emulate any games from 6th gen back (although if they are up for VC I would much prefer it as I kinda dislike gaming on PC), I also pirated DS games when I was younger. This was mostly thanks to my lack of money and any knowledge of what I was doing. It was basically like "hey look free games, why wouldnt I??" Yeah -_-
Also have illegally downloaded a few PC games from Japan like Touhou, Steins;Gate and Saya no Uta.

Around the Network

I'm generally Lawful Good, but if I can't buy something outside the second-hand market...

(Clarification - 6th gen and earlier games you can't buy digitally are fair game).

I've never pirated a game.. in my previous life.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

I've only pirates games that I already own or have previously owned (and Mother 3) so my track record isn't too bad I guess.

you want some got spoilers? there will be gay sex in one episode and in the next(im not sure about that, could be in the same...) the old queen bitch turns the kingdom into texas because she hated the new queen bitch and her gay brother.

Before Steam became popular, 100% of my PC library was pirated

Around 50% of my Wii library is pirated

100% of my PS1 and PS2 games are pirated

Everything below the PS1/N64 era has been emulated

Nintendo and PC gamer