By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much of a pirate are you/have you been?

Did you ever pirate games?

sure! 106 43.09%

no way! 39 15.85%

I even pirated Pirates! 27 10.98%

only roms for emulators (... 43 17.48%

I don't want to say it a... 16 6.50%

I am too rich to actually care 15 6.10%

Total:246

Back when I first discovered torrent downloading, I downloaded pretty much everything. Any song or movie I wanted was on my 750 GB external hard drive, which I was pretty proud of back then. I had an N64 emulator too. I used to work at the front desk in the dorms in college...though really all I did was play Harvest Moon 64. Good times...

Now that I can afford to buy games, music, and movies I'm interested in, I don't pirate nearly as much as I used to. Probably the only thing I download illegally are rare songs or anime episodes that aren't on Crunchyroll. I'm a one service man.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

I only ever pirated movies and songs. And even that was way back in the late 90's. Napster then KaZZa if anyone remembers those.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Only a couple Zelda games on emulators (A Link to the Past and Four Swords Adventures). The reason for that was because I wanted to play catch up on the series. I've been wanting to make up for that by buying the VC version of the former. Would be cool if there is a Wii U version of Four Swords Adventures as well.

hatmoza said:
I only ever pirated movies and songs. And even that was way back in the late 90's. Napster then KaZZa if anyone remembers those.

I definitely remember Napster when it was the first incarnation. Downloaded matrix.avi.mp3 successfully off it :)

Of course, I'm playing right now Mother 3 on a friend's phone. Not exactly pirated, but still playing an unofficial and illegal version.

Aside from games though, I of course have seen many pirate movies, but I still have never bought one. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
hatmoza said:

I definitely remember Napster when it was the first incarnation. Downloaded matrix.avi.mp3 successfully off it :)

Eddie Murphy's Delirious and Raw were my very first downloads. Good times.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Pirating? Pffft.... I've obviously never tried that! /s

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Demo's. That's pretty much it.
Minecraft, Fallout New Vegas, and a few others from pirating sites. It was less about playing than it was about trying them out. Once I realized how much I liked both, I bought both.

I <3 Classic Platformers!

Multi-console Owner FTW