By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U, 3DS, Bloodborne up

Amazing PS4 & 3DS sales. 3DS has it's best quarter 1 ever, and one of its best months ever.

That said apart from Puzzle and Dragons, the release schedule looks bleak for the rest of 2015. I hope a Nintendo Direct sorts that out as it would be shame to put this explosive start to 2015 behind it.

Around the Network
celador said:
105k is a big win for March.

PS4 has already nearly got back what it lost in the 'season' months last year

It's as a marathon, not a sprint. You'll see, come the end of the year Xb one will sell big numbers...and almost make up the deficit that's built up during the year.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
celador said:
105k is a big win for March.

PS4 has already nearly got back what it lost in the 'season' months last year

It's as a marathon, not a sprint. You'll see, come the end of the year Xb one will sell big numbers...and almost make up the deficit that's built up during the year.

And every year the deficit will be bigger. Plus I don't understand why people think that because Xone won november and december in 2014 with a big margin that it will necessarily happen every year.

oh can't remember seeing ZombiU numbers in a very long time. Quite a bit overtracked but also plausible given the comments made by Ubisoft

Mario Party 10 did rather well.

At least Bayonetta 2 is gonna to outsell Zombi U. xD

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:

Ryng do we know if creamsugar's numbers include the sales from the bundle?

tak13 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Ryng do we know if creamsugar's numbers include the sales from the bundle?

I dunno...

There was a big back and forth O n this thread abou MP10 vs Type 0 and people were saying that MP 10 was a success and Type 0 was a flop. Imagine how sill they feel to learn that the two games were so close in sales. As I said before, all T0 needed to do to pass MP10 was get an assist from the Xbox version.

CosmicSex said:
There was a big back and forth O n this thread abou MP10 vs Type 0 and people were saying that MP 10 was a success and Type 0 was a flop. Imagine how sill they feel to learn that the two games were so close in sales. As I said before, all T0 needed to do to pass MP10 was get an assist from the Xbox version.

lol...What?I remember seeing many comments about that the ps4 version alone would be above mp10...And that's why,many here were surprised that mp10 was above both versions and with a considerable difference.

Mario paty 10 290k vs Final fantasy type hd 0 200k from both versions!90k difference with a game that's one console...The wii u...;)

Be sure they don't feel silly and they shouldn't feel silly!

tak13 said:
CosmicSex said:

lol...What?I remember seeing many comments about that the ps4 version alone would be above mp10...And that's why,many here were surprised that mp10 was above both versions and with a considerable difference.

Mario paty 10 290k vs Final fantasy type hd 0 200k from both versions!90k difference with a game that's one console...The wii u...;)

Be sure they don't feel silly and they shouldn't feel silly!

You better check again. 290K is phys+digital. >200K is physical only. Given the memory space of the various consoles it's likely that a higher proportion of FFT-0 sales were digital. So sales of the two games are likely to be fairly close. If anyone ever announces US FFT-0 digital sales for March, which I doubt will ever happen, then we would know. For now, we don't know how close they are.

OP of this thread says retail only MP10 was <270K, so that makes the difference on an apples to apples comparison <70K. Not an arse-whopping by any stretch of the imagination.

You are right though that most people were expecting FFT-0 to be higher in the NPD rankings than MP10, so their respective placements are a surprise

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix