By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U, 3DS, Bloodborne up

tokilamockingbrd said:
ethomaz said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
ioi was actually pretty close to ballpark on software. His BF tracking is pretty good (a tad low) and he about 75k high+ for Type-0 PS4.

He was on track to be relatively accurate for PS4 and a little high for XB1 (as the usual). And spot on for WiiU.

I say a lot high for Xbone...

235 / 5 = 47k avg per week.

If you look VGC you have: 59k + 52k + 62k... unless he have Xbone at 30k per week in the next two weeks then it is ~10k high per week.

PS4 340 / 5 =  68k avg per week.

VGC: 65k + 64k + 76k... well seems really ok with more two weeks ~68k he will be fine.

dont forget ioi's numbers are for all of NA where as NDP is just US. Its also believeable that sales would dip a little the last 2 weeks because of all the attention that the PS4 was getting. Either way a tad high but not too bad.

What are you talking about? We have exact VGC numbers for USA every week http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42085/USA/

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Yikes, if FF Type-0 is more like 4:1 (79% : 21%) that makes Xb one sales an awful 42K vs PS4 158K. 158K isn't particularly great for PS4, but at least it's not a total flop. That is a truly terrible sales ratio for a console that is only about 10% behind in install base.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
ethomaz said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
ioi was actually pretty close to ballpark on software. His BF tracking is pretty good (a tad low) and he about 75k high+ for Type-0 PS4.

He was on track to be relatively accurate for PS4 and a little high for XB1 (as the usual). And spot on for WiiU.

I say a lot high for Xbone...

235 / 5 = 47k avg per week.

If you look VGC you have: 59k + 52k + 62k... unless he have Xbone at 30k per week in the next two weeks then it is ~10k high per week.

PS4 340 / 5 =  68k avg per week.

VGC: 65k + 64k + 76k... well seems really ok with more two weeks ~68k he will be fine.

dont forget ioi's numbers are for all of NA where as NDP is just US. Its also believeable that sales would dip a little the last 2 weeks because of all the attention that the PS4 was getting. Either way a tad high but not too bad.

What are you talking about? We have exact VGC numbers for USA every week http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42085/USA/

whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.... when did this happen. ioi always rolled NA together. We always used NDP times 10-15% to make it correlate with VGC NA numbers. What is Canada and Mexico under now? Others?

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Farsala said:
Tyritorious said:

I'm not as pessimistic of the Xbox One's future as others appear to be. XBO had Titanfall in March 2014, which gave it a significant boost.

Here is the thing Titanfall did not really give a boost. Last year:

XB1: 258K/4 February
64.5k a week
XB1: 311,00/5 March
62.2k a week

PS4 for comparison

PS4: 280k/4 February

70k a week

PS4: ~371k/5 March

74.2k a week

This year:
XB1: 276k/4 Feb

69k a week
XB1:  235k/5 March

47k a week

PS4:  342k/4 Feb

85.5k a week

PS4: 340k/5 March

68k a week

Both dropped this year but the XB1 dropped harder. Last year ISS gave a boost, while Titanfall did not even increase sales. Now XB1 is at 47k weekly in March, which is quite poor.

last year Sony did not catch up with demand until April. It was not just ISS that moved hardware it was the fact Sony pushed a crap ton to market and much of the pent up demand was satisfied.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I'm disappointed with the gap. I said 135k - 145k and it's only 105k. Boooooooo

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

Yay! Hardware's up! Graph time!

Note that March 2008 was the month Super Smash Bros. Brawl released, which is likely why the Wii had such a big boost that month.

Holy hell. Wii U has been tracking behind Gamecube every month for over a year now?

I didn't realise this before but PS4 has the 3 generation record (which probably means the all generations record) for the best first September, thanks to Destiny. And Xb one has the record for best ever 2nd November.

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Shadow1980 said:

Yay! Hardware's up! Graph time!

Note that March 2008 was the month Super Smash Bros. Brawl released, which is likely why the Wii had such a big boost that month.

Holy hell. Wii U has been tracking behind Gamecube every month for over a year now?

I didn't realise this before but PS4 has the 3 generation record (which probably means the all generations record) for the best first September, thanks to Destiny. And Xb one has the record for best ever 2nd November.

Why are you surprised dear dad?:P

Gamecube 2001(November launch) 199$ 2002->149$ 2003->99!Two consecutive big price drops!So what you said,it's expected,not surprising!:P With these price cuts gamecube was quite ahead xbox and wasn't so far away from ps2,(in the USA)!That's to understand the effect that these price drops and the tactic of them had!GC wouldn't be a 22m seller without them...:p

Decent hardware tracking but we have some heavily overtracked software (which isn't really news to anyone).

So this month we won't see celebration about sub 10% growth on a 30% lower pricetag. But we got excuses for 7% drop even with new price.

Lot of people missing from december NPD, lack of Aquamarine is bad.

Also it seems ps4 path for 50% is even closer with these numbers giving a bigger gap for ps4 than vgc numbers.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

105k is a big win for March.

PS4 has already nearly got back what it lost in the 'season' months last year