By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U, 3DS, Bloodborne up

Ryng_Tolu said:
Bold prediction: 3DS will win December NPD.

Based on what? I'll take a bet with you on that.

Around the Network

Wow, Bayonetta 2 is very overtracked. This lowers my LTD expectatives to 0,8M, I was hoping it could reach 1M... Nice to see WiiU and 3DS up YoY, and I'm very surprised with MP10! Also, Kirby/Captain Toad legs are wonderful. They deserved it. And, we can say that Bloodborne is definitely not niche. We can embrace the Souls saga into the mainstream world (not a bad thing). It deserved it, amazing game.

Tamron said:
the impression i get from the pr comments:

Microsoft : We arent first but look at all these stats!!! hopefully youll forget we arent first
Nintendo : We have mario guys!!.. please dont ask us about wiiu sales
Sony : Oh wow, somehow we didnt screw up yet, thanks for keeping us afroat guys

You forget to add "Halo 5" in the MS part... all PR from them now will have Halo 5.

super6646 said:

That's only because of the titanfall boost.

Still no excuse. With a price tag that is drastically lower than last year, one would expect sales to be significantly up YOY. That said, the XBO did pretty bad last April & May, so it can be up YOY, again. However, even so, the overall growth will be a lot smaller than expected.

NewGuy said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Bold prediction: 3DS will win December NPD.

No bet, because as i said this is a BOLD prediction.

Based on what? 3DS in December sell much more than in the other month, and the gap is bigger than the other console.

Usually 3DS sold less than half of PS4 numbers last year, and in December the gap was only 20%!

But ok, we will se... i will not surprised if 3DS will sell than XBO in December.

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
ioi was actually pretty close to ballpark on software. His BF tracking is pretty good (a tad low) and he about 75k high+ for Type-0 PS4.

He was on track to be relatively accurate for PS4 and a little high for XB1 (as the usual). And spot on for WiiU.

I say a lot high for Xbone...

235 / 5 = 47k avg per week.

If you look VGC you have: 59k + 52k + 62k... unless he have Xbone at 30k per week in the next two weeks then it is ~10k high per week.

PS4 340 / 5 =  68k avg per week.

VGC: 65k + 64k + 76k... well seems really ok with more two weeks ~68k he will be fine.

Ryng_Tolu said:
NewGuy said:

Based on what? 3DS in December sell much more than in the other month, and the gap is bigger than the other console.

Usually 3DS sold less than half of PS4 numbers last year, and in December the gap was only 20%!

But ok, we will se... i will not surprised if 3DS will sell than XBO in December.

I think it would be very difficult to happen even if PS4 and Xbone stay at their current prices. I am expecting both to drop to $299 this holiday. No chance for 3DS.

NewGuy said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

I think it would be very difficult to happen even if PS4 and Xbone stay at their current prices. I am expecting both to drop to $299 this holiday. No chance for 3DS.

I seriusly doubt PS4 will have 100$ pricedrop.

Sure XBO.

X1 is 7% down YOY despite costing 30% less.

This holiday is crucial for MS.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I'm not as pessimistic of the Xbox One's future as others appear to be. XBO had Titanfall in March 2014, which gave it a significant boost. What did they have this March? 1st party was Screamride and 3rd party was Battlefield: Hardline. Those were the only retail games that gave the XBO any sort of boost. Microsoft loves to stuff their 1st party retail stuff in Q4, with little for the rest of the year.

Let's take a look at last year's 1st party/3rd party exclusive retail releases:
Q1:
- [0 1st party]
Q2:
- Kinect Sports Rivals
Q3:
- Forza Horizon 2
Q4:
- Sunset Overdrive
- Shape Up
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Most of Xbox One's sellers are going to be loaded in the latter part of the year, with very little sellers for the first half of the year. If you compare it to this year:

Q1:
- Screamride
Q2:
- Fable Legends
Q3:
- Forza Motorsports 6
- Scalebound (predicted release date: Q3)
Q4:
- Crackdown (predicted release date: Q4)
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Rise of the Tomb Raider

Based on this pattern, determining the Xbox One's future success from data in Q1 is rather shallow. It does make it rather boring for the first 6 months, but whatever...