By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U, 3DS, Bloodborne up

What is really impressive that PS4 is still $399. Yet it keeps smashing sales. $299 will be complete annihilation.

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
X1 is 7% down YOY despite costing 30% less.

This holiday is crucial for MS.

Can MS break the holiday sales in 2014 at 350$ VS 300/250 $ if XBO is down at 500$ VS 350$ ?

We will see...

Ryng_Tolu said:
NewGuy said:

I think it would be very difficult to happen even if PS4 and Xbone stay at their current prices. I am expecting both to drop to $299 this holiday. No chance for 3DS.

I seriusly doubt PS4 will have 100$ pricedrop.

Sure XBO.

I'll make a BOLD bet and say it will ;P

And I'm basing that on historical data as well, all previous PS consoles have gotten a $100 drop within 18 months of release. PS4 is actually gonna go past that, but it will get a $100 price drop this fall.

Ryng_Tolu said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
X1 is 7% down YOY despite costing 30% less.

This holiday is crucial for MS.

Can MS break the holiday sales in 2014 at 350$ VS 300/250 $ if XBO is down at 500$ VS 350$ ?

We will see...

Halo 5 is the only thing that can keep it up in comparison to 2014.

I'm not sure what hardcore Tomb Raider fans are buying an X1 for Rise of the Tomb Raider when hardcore Tomb Raider fans know it's coming to PS4 and most of them are under the PS band. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ethomaz said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
ioi was actually pretty close to ballpark on software. His BF tracking is pretty good (a tad low) and he about 75k high+ for Type-0 PS4.

He was on track to be relatively accurate for PS4 and a little high for XB1 (as the usual). And spot on for WiiU.

I say a lot high for Xbone...

235 / 5 = 47k avg per week.

If you look VGC you have: 59k + 52k + 62k... unless he have Xbone at 30k per week in the next two weeks then it is ~10k high per week.

PS4 340 / 5 =  68k avg per week.

VGC: 65k + 64k + 76k... well seems really ok with more two weeks ~68k he will be fine.

Yep, I noticed; it looks like VGC overtrack a lot X1 in NA.

By the way, congrats to Sony, they put in their Pocket another NPD !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
ioi was actually pretty close to ballpark on software. His BF tracking is pretty good (a tad low) and he about 75k high+ for Type-0 PS4.

He was on track to be relatively accurate for PS4 and a little high for XB1 (as the usual). And spot on for WiiU.

I say a lot high for Xbone...

235 / 5 = 47k avg per week.

If you look VGC you have: 59k + 52k + 62k... unless he have Xbone at 30k per week in the next two weeks then it is ~10k high per week.

PS4 340 / 5 =  68k avg per week.

VGC: 65k + 64k + 76k... well seems really ok with more two weeks ~68k he will be fine.

dont forget ioi's numbers are for all of NA where as NDP is just US. Its also believeable that sales would dip a little the last 2 weeks because of all the attention that the PS4 was getting. Either way a tad high but not too bad.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

We will see...

Halo 5 is the only thing that can keep it up in comparison to 2014.

I'm not sure what hardcore Tomb Raider fans are buying an X1 for Rise of the Tomb Raider when hardcore Tomb Raider fans know it's coming to PS4 and most of them are under the PS band. 

TR 2013 DE sold over 800k on the PS4 and has only sold 300k on the XB1.

I hope Square got a boat load of money for the timed exlcusivity because they are losing a ton of sales.

Not only is the PS4 a close 2X the size fanbase, but its also more amicable to the genre. If it was Tomb Raider FPS I could see it, but the genre thrives on the playstation while it stuggles to make ends meet on the XB1.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

So PS4 closed the gap more this month this year, then last year.

60k last year.
100k this year.
Same story for February.
27k last year
70k this year.

X1 possible for $150 cheaper and PS4 not cheaper.

ethomaz said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

XBO at 500$: 710,000 in 3 month.
XBO at 350$: 660,000 in 3 month.

That is why I don't believe Xbone is UP WW YoY... if US it is down (the strongest market) I can't see how it is WW.

It hadn't launched in Japan yet...

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Tyritorious said:

I'm not as pessimistic of the Xbox One's future as others appear to be. XBO had Titanfall in March 2014, which gave it a significant boost.

Here is the thing Titanfall did not really give a boost. Last year:

XB1: 258K/4 February
64.5k a week
XB1: 311,00/5 March
62.2k a week

PS4 for comparison

PS4: 280k/4 February

70k a week

PS4: ~371k/5 March

74.2k a week

This year:
XB1: 276k/4 Feb

69k a week
XB1:  235k/5 March

47k a week

PS4:  342k/4 Feb

85.5k a week

PS4: 340k/5 March

68k a week

Both dropped this year but the XB1 dropped harder. Last year ISS gave a boost, while Titanfall did not even increase sales. Now XB1 is at 47k weekly in March, which is quite poor.