By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U, 3DS, Bloodborne up

I like how Wii U and 3DS are "approximates" at ~263/84, and the PS4/XBO numbers are apparently exact figures at 340 and 235 even lol.

Still, the Wii U might sell less than last year, being that it only has a 20% lead on last year's numbers going into Mario Kart May.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

Less than 160k for Buyonetta 2 right?

Wouldn't be surprised if Bloodborne US LTD > Bayonetta 2 LTD WW.

Wouldn't put too much hope on digital sales of Type0, only the retail version comes with the FFXV demo I reckon.

That game is hitting bargain bins quickly, will pick up the XBO version there, that one's likely to becomea collector's item :P

Boutros said:

NPD DATA:

Hardware:

PS4: 340k
3DS: ~263k
XBO: 235k
Wii U: ~84k

As always I really appreciate all the work you do with the NPD data!

CosmicSex said:
Boutros said:

NPD DATA:

Hardware:

PS4: 340k
3DS: ~263k
XBO: 235k
Wii U: ~84k

As always I really appreciate all the work you do with the NPD data!

Thanks!

KyleeStrutt said:
Wouldn't put too much hope on digital sales of Type0, only the retail version comes with the FFXV demo I reckon

Nah it came with the digital version as well.

tokilamockingbrd said:
ioi was actually pretty close to ballpark on software. His BF tracking is pretty good (a tad low) and he about 75k high+ for Type-0 PS4.

He was on track to be relatively accurate for PS4 and a little high for XB1 (as the usual). And spot on for WiiU.

Yes and Noooo!As I said in the global sales thread ps4 adjustments were seemed to high for me,npd probably confirms me!340k in a 5 weeks month is  68k per week!

We have 64k,64k and 76k here,so ps4 should do another 136k in the last two weeks to be spot on..i.e something like 72k and 64k respectively,drop in the week of the super hyped exclusive of ps4,the bloodborne and  so stable umbers every week?Hell no!In my opinion it should be like  53k->55->66k(battlefield hardline)->97k(bloodborne)->68k,I might be wrong but I have a good point.

On the xb1 side,we have some serious weekly overtracking too,235k is 47k per week average,here we have 59k->52k->62K so it should do another 62k in the  last two weeks!33k and 29k,100% drop week over week and selling as much in the days of the full price+kinect xbox?hmmmm not so realistic...

It should be like 43k->47K->63k(battlefield h)->47k-45k!I'm certain about that,I must be right!:P

Ioi has fairly exaggerated with the weekly numbers of ps4 and xboxone!:P And because ioi is using a ratio by the USA for numbers in Europe,I'm pretty sure that what I said is valid for Europe too,plus that the rest of N.A sales are 10% of the USA sell and ioi uses that,so rest of N.A numbers are off too...

Furthermore,3ds numbers are seeming undertracked...56k->51k->48k-> so It needs another 107k+ in the last two weeks to be spot on,like 55k and 52k.     Why going so much up when in the previous week is having a steady fall of 3-4k here and not having a relevant game release?It should be like,57k->54k->52k->51k->50k,which is a good sign about a 40-45k baseline in April,which would be great! 

Do you agree ryng?

Ryng_Tolu said:

Around the Network

Meh, no Vita numbers... Anyway, at least VGChartz did a decent job with tracking!

KyleeStrutt said:
Less than 160k for Buyonetta 2 right?

Wouldn't be surprised if Bloodborne US LTD > Bayonetta 2 LTD WW.

Wouldn't put too much hope on digital sales of Type0, only the retail version comes with the FFXV demo I reckon.

That game is hitting bargain bins quickly, will pick up the XBO version there, that one's likely to becomea collector's item :P

Digital version comes with the FFXV code until May 17th (2 months after release).

NewGuy said:
Angelv577 said:

Damn huge difference if that were true.

It's true. You can take that to the bank.

With FFT0 at 75+% share on PS4 in the Xbone's strongest markets (US+UK), one can see why SE decided to go the route they did with SO5.

I'm actually thinking KH3 may be in danger of not coming to Xbone if JRPGs continue to struggle on the system. FFXV is definitely still coming though and that will probably the the decider.

Yeah I also believe KH3 and other minor JRPG are in danger of not coming to the console.  If FFXV flop on the console, it will not have a good future for JRPG games.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 February 2023

OttoniBastos said:

March average weekly sales in USA:

PS4: ~68k/week
ONE: ~42k/week
WiiU: ~17k/week

No 3DS? 52k/week... Hopefully a 40k/week in April! but 35k/week would be fine too!