By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Average Gamer 35 Years Old, 44% Female, Plenty of other Stats - ESA Releases Game Stats

foodfather said:
Take candycrap out of the stats and you are probably left with less than 2% female gamers....

I think a pretty large portion of WoW's players are female as well, that's a %age of 10million players, I agree with you in a way that it would lower the number as a total because I think the % of candy crush saga players that are men would be far lower.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

"44% Female"

No wonder because of all the mobile and Facebook games. I wish they also measured how many gamers are female on consoles and those playing traditional games.

Why do they even include mobile -_-

Hey folks...just keep in mind this is the Entertainment Software Association, so they have to include all software, whether it meets up to our criteria of core game or not. I agree there should be more data here, to really delve into the numbers, but it makes sense they'd track app sales/usage.

Ka-pi96 said:
Most popular genre? Social games...

Instantly invalidates this.

Yeah, there's gaming and then there's "gaming". My mom probably spends three times more time than me on gaming but it's all Facebook games.

The statistics are still interesting though; it shows how prevalent games as an entertainment medium has become in modern society and we also see how TV watching is being pushed further and further back due to this. These figures would be tiny in the 80's and 90's compared to today.

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Most popular genre? Social games...

Instantly invalidates this.

Yes anything you don't agree with must be fake.

He meant in context to console gaming. I too would like to see JUST console gaming study done. I'm pretty sure less than 5% of console gamers are women for example lol

lol i see the ''female gamers cant possibly play games as much as men'' talk is still alive and well

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
lol i see the ''female gamers cant possibly play games as much as men'' talk is still alive and well

Well...I mean, 56% is higher than 44%...so technically it is true.  However, great gains are being made for the females, so we should see a parity soon. 

mornelithe said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Well...I mean, 56% is higher than 44%...so technically it is true.  However, great gains are being made for the females, so we should see a parity soon. 

I'm referring to the people that cant possibly believe that a 44% is even fathomable and it has to be false

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

No one will really care until they break it down by platform. If you remove social platforms and mobile, what does that do to your numbers?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.