By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was MGS4 severely overated??

I didn't think so. MGS3 is one of my favourite games ever but MGS4 is really high up there (probably in my top 3 for 7th gen games). The graphics were amazing and the gameplay was really fun and the weapon customization was a great feature.

The levels were also well done for the most part (except for you Chapter 3) and some great set pieces like the end of Chapter 4. I enjoyed the cutscenes and thought the story was presented fairly well, for the most part, it did become really convoluted by the end but never enough for me to put the game down. It's not a perfect game but I thought it was excellent.

Around the Network

It's not my favorite MGS game but I do not think it is overrated. It deserved a solid 9

#1 Amb-ass-ador

It never went multiplat, so the answer is no, obviously

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Noo,I loved MGS4 it whas a great game.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

no! it deserves all the accolades.. for me personally it is best in the series so far!

Around the Network

Now you got me playing through it again lol

#1 Amb-ass-ador

In terms of gameplay, it was brilliant, the best stealth game to date but the pacing was horrible. I remember inserting the disc while being excited to start playing and all I witness was cutscene aftter cutscene. it really was a turn off. I didn't play until months later to develop patient and discover how good the gameplay was.

Yes it was and is severely overrated it had way too many cut scenes and not enough game play. Still pretty good but highly overrated.

ReimTime said:
Now you got me playing through it again lol

lol now I feel like playing it too but I'm saving it for a marathon after I finish TPP 

.- -... -.-. -..

I thought it was fantastic. That final tunnel scene and fist fight, while not technically perfect, fit into the series BRILLIANTLY and I could not help but reach nirvana when they drummed up the MGS3 music as he worked his way through the series with health bars and movesets and music. It was the greatest homage I've ever seen in gaming.

I am Iron Man