By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GTA V sold more than 1,000,000 on PC in just a day

daredevil.shark said:
Not a big number even if we compare to PS4 numbers; which was a recent release. But good for rockstar. I will triple dip when its like $10 something.

1m in a day will always be big, there is no spinning this lol

Around the Network

GTA is a beast unlike any other in the AAA space.

chocoloco said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I would assume that most people playing GTA V on the PC has a PC can play it that good or close to being that good or else they would have played it on the ps4/x1/ps3/360 instead since it has been out on those platforms for a very long time. And you don't really need a zomfg $1200+ computer to play it on that graphical level at 1080p/60fps because it is very well optimized. If you are going 4k or 1440p, then sure

Yeah, but I am saying for every game, there is a range on the quality of visuals for the vast amounts of people playing any game. The top graphics level only represents what some people have. So bragging about it like the images represents every PC gamer is rather foolish. 

When did I say every PC is capable of that? I said that this is how PC ports should be done but I never said that every game does this nor did I ever say that every PC gamer is capable of this... It is a given at this point that if you have a high end gaming PC, that is the type of visuals you will be expecting and if you have a low end PC, you won't... Everyone knows this and this is a gaming forum that always loves to say how expensive PCs inital costs are so I doubt I have to state the obvious

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Carl2291 said:

It is way over 1 Million.

owners on Steam: 1074894 ± 80049

Sorry to nitpick, but in the "minus" version of that plus or minus scenario, it could also be under 1 million.

Captain_Yuri said:
Ruler said:
Captain_Yuri said:

And it is well deserved! The port is excellent and runs super good and god, the graphics are so amazing by comparison to the current gen/last gen consoles! This port truly shows how other ports on PC should be made

after 2 years later you forgot to say :P

Neh, considering how great it looks and how patient PC gamers are, I would say it is worth it! Its not like the console gamers aren't used to something like that either everytime a company says blah is timed exclusive to blah platform

Its doesnt look that great if you look at more than 1 single picture

Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:
Carl2291 said:

Sorry to nitpick, but in the "minus" version of that plus or minus scenario, it could also be under 1 million.

Look at the time on the Tweet, it was over 9 hours ago. Will have breezed by the Million by now, especially with retail sales included.

Mandalore76 said:
Carl2291 said:

That is Steam only, if we include retail and other digital outlets it's WAY over 1 million.

AnthonyW86 said:
Mandalore76 said:

That is Steam only, if we include retail and other digital outlets it's WAY over 1 million.

True, true, true.  I am often too literal for my own good.

Ruler said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Neh, considering how great it looks and how patient PC gamers are, I would say it is worth it! Its not like the console gamers aren't used to something like that either everytime a company says blah is timed exclusive to blah platform

Its doesnt look that great if you look at more than 1 single picture

It actually looks great if you look at the entire video and listen to every detail he is saying... Even the dogs look better. Sure, grass isn't going to look a billion times better just cause it is on PC but even that does still look better none the less which is the point. From the little things to the grass to the big things like the draw distance and how many things u have on screen, it looks way better as a whole and you have 60 fps instead of 30 on top of that.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Didn't get mine from steam. I've been playing all day. It's an excellent port. Never know what to expect going off of recommended specs but the game runs really nice with nearly everything on very high and 4xMSAA on a 7950 Boost and 3570k @1920x1200.

4 ≈ One