By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GTA V sold more than 1,000,000 on PC in just a day

Great sales!

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
Not a big number even if we compare to PS4 numbers; which was a recent release. But good for rockstar. I will triple dip when its like $10 something.

Why are you trying to spin this in order to try and make it seem like this is a bad thing? 1 million in its first day when it came out 2 years after the original version of it came out and was delayed multiple times on PC. Not to mention the fact that once again this is just the first day, it will easily sell way more than 1 million.

As promised, here is a show of the piracy experienced so far.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:

-snip-

So, 73062 cases of piracy...lol.  Stop the presses.

mornelithe said:

ReimTime said:

-snip-

WHAT?! IT'S A CONS-PIRACY

Yea less than I though there would be too. Although seeding means they have the complete file and leeching means they only have part; so it doesn't account for anyone who deleted the torrent after download.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

Congrats Rockstar. Now gimme a new red dead.

ReimTime said:
mornelithe said:

ReimTime said:

-snip-

Yea less than I though there would be too. Although seeding means they have the complete file and leeching means they only have part; so it doesn't account for anyone who deleted the torrent after download.

True, but then that calls into question posting an image of data that doesn't actually show the true statistics, either (not that I'm calling you out or anything).  I know what Seeding and Leeching mean, that's why I added both together, because seeders have it, leechers intend to have it.  Personally, given the broadband speeds WW, I expected the numbers to be higher too, since not everyone can D/L 60g that quickly.

mornelithe said:
ReimTime said:

True, but then that calls into question posting an image of data that doesn't actually show the true statistics, either (not that I'm calling you out or anything).  I know what Seeding and Leeching mean, that's why I added both together, because seeders have it, leechers intend to have it.  Personally, given the broadband speeds WW, I expected the numbers to be higher too, since not everyone can D/L 60g that quickly.

All true. I'm not trying to paint a bad picture either (not that anyone is saying I am), I just wanted to add a little info on GTA piracy since there was that whole kerfuffle with GTA4

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
mornelithe said:

All true. I'm not trying to paint a bad picture either (not that anyone is saying I am), I just wanted to add a little info on GTA piracy since there was that whole kerfuffle with GTA4

I actually get a positive vibe from that...less than 100K (tracked) instances of piracy, and 1 day sales of over a million...that's a pretty good split.

mornelithe said:
ReimTime said:

I actually get a positive vibe from that...less than 100K (tracked) instances of piracy, and 1 day sales of over a million...that's a pretty good split.

Agreed

#1 Amb-ass-ador