By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BLOODBORNE Sold Through Over 1 Million WW as of April 5 (~11 Days)

Zanten said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Aura7541 said:

What Ethomaz just said plus this:

Bloodborne: 1 million sold in 10 days
Dark Souls II: 1.2 million shipped in 3 weeks (PS3, 360, PC)

It's the fastest selling game out of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls I & II, and itself while being only on one platform that has a substantially smaller userbase than the PS3, 360, and PC combined. I doubt From Software is losing any sleep over missing out on XBO and PC sales considering the profit margins from only needing to develop for one platform.

Where you here last year with the Titanfall madness?

Well, in my opinion people have to be true to their opinions over time.

It all depends on how much Sony paid(helped) From Software.

Unless we start assuming that BB sold more because it was a exclusive and people bought by their braggin rights, not because it was good or grow uppon the popularity of Souls series.

If that was the case, where is The Order milestone in sales?

Actually, preeeetty sure that this was a case of Sony essentially contracting From to make them an exclusive Souls-y game, meaning they provided the bulk of resources needed to develop the title in the first place. A bit like, say, Alan Wake, wherein the developer isn't one of Microsoft's, but Microsoft did provide them with the funding to develop the title; in the case of choosing platforms, it was entirely Microsoft's decision, as they owned the IP. I remember that even Alan Wake's PC release came only after the develop basically asked Microsoft for permission/support in doing so, meaning their upcoming title's platforms will similarly be up to Microsoft in the long run.

So while, don't get me wrong, I'm certain that From will work on other Dark Souls titles, and maybe even do with Bloodborne what they did with Demon's Souls (ummmm Bloodbirthed! ...Phlehmborne! You get the gist,) any actual direct sequel to Bloodborne, using its setting, etc, etc, would inevitably be a Sony exclusive, as Sony has control of the IP, just as they did with Demon's Soul. (Something they're quite strict on when funding a title's development, to avoid something like Crash Bandicoot, wherein they poured money into development and advertising, only to have the property go multiplatform.)

On a similar note, though, I'm actually interested in seeing what happens to Sunset Overdrive's IP, if any sequels happen. Unlike Bloodborne, part of the deal with Microsoft was letting the studio retain control of the IP, so basically they can take the property elsewhere if they want; while the deal likely has the current game locked to exclusivity indefinitely, any sequels could conceivably be multiplatform if another publisher offers them a better deal/more funding than Microsoft.

At this stage, it's uncertain whether they would go multiplat or not. This is a time when a lot of studio's are starting to go exclusive playstation. We just had a star ocean exclusive announcement that I'm sure nobody saw coming.

Around the Network

ethomax, did that full press release ever come out?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

DannyDanger89 said:
Aeolus451 said:

Ah, thanks for the info. Wish it was the WW numbers but that's good enough.

Reporting You...

Because...

Those eyeballs...

Give me the heebie jeebies

<--------- Evil laugh.

Good to hear.. Having finished it last night I must say I like dark souls one and two more. Definitely beats demons in my book though. I loved the weapons but there weren't really enough of them and too few unique items aswell. Best enemy design yet imo though. I think what it comes down to is the (I can be playing this game and find new stuff and areas for years to come) feeling that the souls series had..

Well deserved, Bloodborne is an incredible game.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
Dark_Feanor said:

The same can be said for any console exclusive but I guess you decided to take it against BB.  Havent seeyou complain about  tomb raider.  For now it started really well. 

I´m just trying to say that so the little I´ve read here, some people think BB is a success because it is a console exclusive. 

Not because it´s a good game built over the growing popularity of the Souls series. 

End again, there is always the point of how much MS/Sony paid/supported for TR, BB and others.

outlawauron said:

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/150415_e.html

;)

Includes both Blu-ray Disc™ sell-through quantities and download version sales on PlayStation®Store. Sales data in Japan collected 3/26/2015 – 4/5/2015, in Asia 3/24/2015 – 4/5/2015, in North America 3/24/2015 – 4/4/2015, in PAL regions 3/25/2015 – 4/4/2015.

Japan up to April 5 (10 days)
Asia up to April 5 (12 days)
US up to April 4 (11 days)
EU up to April 4 (10 days)

Well it is less than 12 days for most places... only Asia is 12 days.

Factscanhurt said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Where you here last year with the Titanfall madness?

Well, in my opinion people have to be true to their opinions over time.

It all depends on how much Sony paid(helped) From Software.

Unless we start assuming that BB sold more because it was a exclusive and people bought by their braggin rights, not because it was good or grow uppon the popularity of Souls series.

If that was the case, where is The Order milestone in sales?

Where is the Sunset Overdrive Milestone Thread?More than 6 months and no milestone?

Because people would complain about its sales considered it was giving away digitally away with the So bundle.

ethomaz said:
outlawauron said:

;)

Includes both Blu-ray Disc™ sell-through quantities and download version sales on PlayStation®Store. Sales data in Japan collected 3/26/2015 – 4/5/2015, in Asia 3/24/2015 – 4/5/2015, in North America 3/24/2015 – 4/4/2015, in PAL regions 3/25/2015 – 4/4/2015.

They still don't cite anything, but that was my expectation.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
ethomaz said:

;)

They still don't cite anything, but that was my expectation.

Don't really understand this statement.  It's Sony's own internal data, they know their network, they know how many copies they shipped and they know from retailers the stock sales.  Why would they have to cite anything?