By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BLOODBORNE Sold Through Over 1 Million WW as of April 5 (~11 Days)

Turkish said:

Yeah there were some voices who thought it would bomb because it's not multiplatform, some even claimed the Souls fanbase was not on Playstation but on PC lol. Apparently From's "betrayal" paid off. Being a PS4 exclusive and of such high quality gave it more prestige, it became a system seller.

I remember there was one user here who proclaimed that Bloodborne will never reach 2 million sales lifetime and well, the game has already gone past the halfway mark xD

Around the Network

Well, damn, the great reviews got me to finally buy Bloodborne and Souls 2 (PS4). Hopefully the audience for Souls and Blood grows on PS4!

Nice work. Love the game but it was definitely not promoted as a "souls" game, mostly likely what helped it's sucess. Hopefully not too many people were put off after their purchase.

Blob said:
Nice work. Love the game but it was definitely not promoted as a "souls" game, mostly likely what helped it's sucess. Hopefully not too many people were put off after their purchase.

Trophy stats says 75% of the gamers that played it finished the first boss... so I guess not many people put off after their purchase.

I´m late in the thread. Is that retail + digital?

IIRC it´s not much better than Infamous made last year. That is good for a "new" franchise without that much marketing push (time and money spent with the Order eclipsed BB a little).

And it´s clear that From is losing the chance of make more money with PC and Xbox.

If they keep that track record Sony will have to spend a lot more to secure another platform exclusive.

Around the Network

Phil Spencer ✔
@XboxP3
Follow

I know some will question me but wanted to say it's cool to see Bloodborne sell 1M+. New IP is hard, congrats @PlayStation @fromsoftware_pr

Dark_Feanor said:

IIRC it´s not much better than Infamous made last year. That is good for a "new" franchise without that much marketing push (time and money spent with the Order eclipsed BB a little).

And it´s clear that From is losing the chance of make more money with PC and Xbox.

If they keep that track record Sony will have to spend a lot more to secure another platform exclusive.

inFAMOUS did the same with 9 days... BB with 12 days.

And no... BB sold faster than any DS or however you are trying to say... BB exclusivity was a win win win for From, Sony and gamers... I expect more in the future.

1m under 2 weeks is pretty good. I think I'll be spot on with my LT prediction (around 3m).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Dark_Feanor said:

What Ethomaz just said plus this:

Bloodborne: 1 million sold in 10 days
Dark Souls II: 1.2 million shipped in 3 weeks (PS3, 360, PC)

It's the fastest selling game out of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls I & II, and itself while being only on one platform that has a substantially smaller userbase than the PS3, 360, and PC combined. I doubt From Software is losing any sleep over missing out on XBO and PC sales considering the profit margins from only needing to develop for one platform.

I'm incredibly impressed and glad. It completely beat my expectations.