By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BLOODBORNE Sold Through Over 1 Million WW as of April 5 (~11 Days)

Great news, to be honest i was hoping for 1 million first week but oh well this is still really good, and well deserved since the game is amazing.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
Dark_Feanor said:

What Ethomaz just said plus this:

Bloodborne: 1 million sold in 10 days
Dark Souls II: 1.2 million shipped in 3 weeks (PS3, 360, PC)

It's the fastest selling game out of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls I & II, and itself while being only on one platform that has a substantially smaller userbase than the PS3, 360, and PC combined. I doubt From Software is losing any sleep over missing out on XBO and PC sales considering the profit margins from only needing to develop for one platform.

Where you here last year with the Titanfall madness?

Well, in my opinion people have to be true to their opinions over time.

It all depends on how much Sony paid(helped) From Software.

Unless we start assuming that BB sold more because it was a exclusive and people bought by their braggin rights, not because it was good or grow uppon the popularity of Souls series.

If that was the case, where is The Order milestone in sales?

Been trying to get my hand on a copy for a week now. Checked all usual outlets around Bucharest and I'm still not finding a copy. I'm actually amazed this game sold so well. Last time I had so much trouble finding a physical copy was with the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Dark_Feanor said:
Aura7541 said:

It's the fastest selling game out of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls I & II, and itself while being only on one platform that has a substantially smaller userbase than the PS3, 360, and PC combined. I doubt From Software is losing any sleep over missing out on XBO and PC sales considering the profit margins from only needing to develop for one platform.

Unless we start assuming that BB sold more because it was a exclusive and people bought by their braggin rights, not because it was good or grow uppon the popularity of Souls series.

No offense, but your reply is extremely confusing. You're no longer on topic and instead, whizzing around more erratically than a pinball.

Dark_Feanor said:
Aura7541 said:

As far as the public knows, Sony distributed it (helped), and From Software collaborated with SCEJ to build the game (helped).  Your assertions of a payment should probably be backed up with...anything, but heresay.

Around the Network

Great news indeed. Hopefully, 2 million will be reached just as fast! This game can definitely obtain a sequel for sure! Congrats to From Software! They have earned it!

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Dark_Feanor said:
Aura7541 said:

They paid nothing.
Why?
Its a SONY IP
Sony created the IP and the style and way the game should go - They just needed someone with enough skill and know how to lead the project so they ask Miyazaki @ From Software
They already had the Victorian Setting and everything as Miyazaki said in recent interviews - They showed him the concept and idea and he said he wanted to be part of it > They worked together.
It isn't a game made by From Software which Sony grabbed - No its a Sony IP that got directed by Miyazaki from From Software.
If he would have said no they would either tried it on their own or searched for someone else if there was a 2nd option.

Where is the Sunset Overdrive Milestone Thread?More than 6 months and no milestone?

So much for being a niche game. Good news though.

Turkish said:

Fastest selling in franchise, and only on 1 platform

I'm curious about how much did BB bump PS4 sales in that time.

Aeolus451 said:
Turkish said:

Fastest selling in franchise, and only on 1 platform

I'm curious about how much did BB bump PS4 sales in that time.

We'll have an idea this Thursday.