By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BLOODBORNE Sold Through Over 1 Million WW as of April 5 (~11 Days)

Turkish said:

Yeah there were some voices who thought it would bomb because it's not multiplatform, some even claimed the Souls fanbase was not on Playstation but on PC lol. Apparently From's "betrayal" paid off. Being a PS4 exclusive and of such high quality gave it more prestige, it became a system seller.

Souls's fanbase is bigger on PlayStation than PC... it was already know.

BTW I guess Dark Souls 3 will be PS4/PC only.

Around the Network

I had the feeling that this game was going to do very well. It was obvious the amount of hype for this game. Since day one there were a lot of casuals playing the game on ps4 twitch, You can tell by how they were playing the game. They were playing the game in a very noob way. Amazon was another indicator of the popularity/hype for the game. Also the rating for the game was higher than the order in less time which tell me the game was performing very well digitally.  I hope Sony does a sequel, It begs for one.  Well deserved.

Awesome

Patch 1.03 coming.

"As we confirmed previously, the 1.03 update seeks to reduce certain load times in addition to performance optimizations. The patch also resolves an issue that resulted in abnormal game behavior after many continuous hours of play. Additional fixes will be included as well."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/04/14/bloodborne-sells-one-million-first-1-03-details/#sf8582165

Awesome, totally deserved!!!

Around the Network

1m in 2 two weeks? How niche of them...

I love when my predictions are accurate :P

Now I just need the X1 to hold on through march/april so I can brag to all those predicting its sales would fall of a cliff

teigaga said:
Now I just need the X1 to hold on through march/april so I can brag to all those predicting its sales would fall of a cliff

I don't think Xbone will hold 311k from last March.

Nice, the game deserves it ;)

ethomaz said:
teigaga said:

I don't think Xbone will hold 311k from last March.

NPD? We shouldn't have long to wait hopefully.

TBH its more the april/summer I'm waiting for. People are expecting it to drop back to 40-50k WW like we saw last year.

teigaga said:
1m in 2 two weeks? How niche of them...

I love when my predictions are accurate :P

Some people predicted 1 millions in 1 week and without counting digital

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m