By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BLOODBORNE Sold Through Over 1 Million WW as of April 5 (~11 Days)

mornelithe said:
outlawauron said:

They still don't cite anything, but that was my expectation.

Don't really understand this statement.  It's Sony's own internal data, they know their network, they know how many copies they shipped and they know from retailers the stock sales.  Why would they have to cite anything?

If their internal networks were so vast, they wouldn't pay companies so money for redunancy. They rely on the information from trackers because they don't have the ability to do it themselves.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
mornelithe said:

Don't really understand this statement.  It's Sony's own internal data, they know their network, they know how many copies they shipped and they know from retailers the stock sales.  Why would they have to cite anything?

If their internal networks were so vast, they wouldn't pay companies so money for redunancy. They rely on the information from trackers because they don't have the ability to do it themselves.

Uh...not that I mean this offensively or anything, but you do know what redundant means, right?  I have a redundant backup of my data, online and via a portable HDD.  That doesn't mean that the data I have on my PC isn't accurate.

mornelithe said:
outlawauron said:

Uh...not that I mean this offensively or anything, but you do know what redundant means, right?  I have a redundant backup of my data, online and via a portable HDD.  That doesn't mean that the data I have on my PC isn't accurate.

Not a similar comparison. If you're willing to report on your numbers, then you trust their accuracy. It'd be like having a OSX backup for every corporate work station in all of Sony, because you need a alternative for Windows in case there's a problem.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
mornelithe said:

Not a similar comparison. If you're willing to report on your numbers, then you trust their accuracy. It'd be like having a OSX backup for every corporate work station in all of Sony, because you need a alternative for Windows in case there's a problem.

Actually, a correction, if anything, the data on my PC (in this case, Sony's internal data) is more up to date (accurate) than my redundcy's because it's updated in real-time, and my redundancy's are not.  And no, I don't need an alternative for 'Windows', it's an alternative for hardware wear/tear.  I've never lost any data, to a Windows anything.  It's always been hardware failure. (We have all our PC's on APC's in the house, so power outtages don't effect data)

outlawauron said:

They still don't cite anything, but that was my expectation.

Sony always uses NPD for US, GFK for some PAL countries, Famitsu for Japan and internal estimates for the rest of PAL countries and Asia.

BTW there is a guys in GAF saying that Sony said that Itally was where BB sold the most between the EU countries... it is hard to believe becaus it sold 72k in UK.

Around the Network

Factscanhurt said:

Where is the Sunset Overdrive Milestone Thread?More than 6 months and no milestone?

Phil Spencer said "New IP is hard".

You won't hear SO milestone because there is no milestone... the game didn't sold well... that means it didn't crossed 1 million and maybe it will never cross.