By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the PS3 hit 14,000,000 by July?

if Jandre meant by the end of July, it'll get 14 mill easily. (it's been averaging 180k/week now and it will get significant boosts to maybe 230-280k for 3-4 weeks from GTA and MGS4)

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

Then why use the term 'now' rather than 'the first'.

'now' implies the present =\

Rath said:
Then why use the term 'now' rather than 'the first'.

'now' implies the present =

because we are talking about the data that is in now. Which only covers till the 1st. You cant take the numbers of data that are up to the first and add 10 more days that arent accounted for to find an average.

I expect the PS3 to manage that number maybe 14.5M by the end of july, do expect a couple of suprises, and dissapointments though. But as Ive said before predictions are just predictions.

mM

^that is the best prediction I have ever seen you make leo... you are scaring me.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Where are people pulling these numbers from... what website are you all on?

last 8 weeks PS3 has sold:

ConsolePS3
Total

divide that by 8 and you come to an average of 183k per week... not 218k

my math skills may be great, but my counting skills lack. Whatever.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I would say 13 million easy 14 might be pushing it but plausible, when you think that's only about 4 months away they would need to get a move on, and the usual drop off during summer might not help much. So all in all I just don't know.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

14mil by July? I thought that would be the lowest expected.
14mil:3.48mil in 17 weeks->205k/week

I think it will get close to 15mil by July, due to the 2 small releases in that time.
15mil:4.48mil in 17weeks->264k/week (hard, but i think it could make it)

GTA4 and MGS must sell at least 1 million extra consoles on top of the current trend. So that will make:

200.000 PS3/week * 20 weeks = 4 million + 1 million + 10.7 million = 15.7 million

Correction for declining sales in March June and July could bring that down to 14.5 million.

It will most certainly. I would say 14.5 - 15 million in fact.