By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the PS3 hit 14,000,000 by July?

I think it both can and will. PS3 numbers near summer will surprise us all I think, and Eu/Others is where its gonna happen.
I expect weekly averages of well over 250k, close to 300k come late autumn, and possibly over 350k in the weeks following MGS release and possibly also GTA IV.

Around the Network

Deffinatly ... also , IMO the console will reach ~ 21 million this year , so yeah , it will hit 14 until then , or maybe even more ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

3.3 Million consoles in 4 months , with the PS3's biggest exclusives since it's launch ?

Hell Yeah.

you dont have any chance to reach this number,  especially after XBOX360 price drop in Europe....

eliasg said:
you dont have any chance to reach this number, especially after XBOX360 price drop in Europe....

There are at least 3 million XBox consumers (just in others, in the US there are many more) which haven't upgraded towards the 360 despite the XBox has been discontinued for 2 and a half years ago and lacking support and all major XBox games already saw sequels on the 360. Maybe this price drop will push most of them to upgrade, but overall I think European consumers will look at the 360's bad reputation with regard to reliability, Sony's good track record with regard to supporting their platforms, Blu-Ray movie support and the amazing games line-up, potential hidden costs like a Gold account for multiplayer and thus I don't think the 360 will be able to steal any of the PS3's potential userbase in Europe, nomatter how much they cut the prize.

Sure if cut in prize low enough some PS2 fans may buy a 360 to play some exclusives, but I think the bulk of them will own a PS3 as well in due time.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

after Home arrives Sony may charge you for online play...
Btw ,if PS3 is going to have a price cut before Christmas i may think of getting one

eliasg said:
after Home arrives Sony may charge you for online play...
Btw ,if PS3 is going to have a price cut before Christmas i may think of getting one

We can speculate on that but Sony so far claimed the opposite. Home running costs could be covered by in-Home from content sales, 3rd party advertising and services.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

im with rath on that one that the word now was misleading, but anyways, the number 843 is closer to what rath said 720k than it is to a million, so either way he was more accurate with his three extra days than to the original predicition of 1.7 million in 2 months equals to 1 million a month...