By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the PS3 hit 14,000,000 by July?

PooperScooper said:
Jandre002 said:
Rath said:
Jandre002 said:
Fastrabbit09 said:

Jandre002 said:

Keep in mind, between Dec 29, and now the PS3 has sold 1.8 million consoles WW. Thats almost 1,000,000 per month.

1.8/2.5months =720k, not almost 1mil

Next time you pull a number like 2.5 out of your ass, can you see if my cat is up there too? Hes been missing a long time :'-(.

*whoops i mean my

Wait. 73 days (I think thats the number since Dec 29), divided by 30 (average number of days in a month) = 2.43. 

Thats closer to 2.5 than the PS3 is to 1M a month. 

Next time you be ridiculously sarcastic can you make sure you're not looking like a moron at the same time? 

How you managed to fit over 10 weeks into the span of Jan and Feb blows my mind friend. But hey, if Rath, savior of men who hide cats up there asses says there is 10 weeks and 3 days in Jan and Feb, it must be true.

Im sorry,really, ive gone over it a million times. Where exactly are you pulling 10 weeks and 3 days from?

Wait, wait I think I know, ill give you guys two guesses..... (LOL COME ON YOU GOTTA GET THIS ONE)

Up their asses?

I was thinking out of a calendar...your sick man, just sick.....

LOL. JP.  Im having way too much fun. I think im a dork

Around the Network

By July would mean the beginning of the month TWRoO

Edit: However he does say the end of it. Not sure if that was edited in though.

^exactly SeriousWB... which means the PS3 would need to average 199k and is therefore quite a target to set it, even with GTAIV.

nah its gunna fall short by like 500k

mgs4 and gt5p bundle shuld muv consoles though

on ps3 web browser!!

TWRoO - What if the Ps3 gets a price drop for the summer?

Around the Network

^well then perhaps it will just manage it, but using the current rate it's a no from me.

Of course the Wii by this time will be somewhere between 29 and 31 million.... and I am positive it will have made 30 million by the end of July.

The questions that really need to be addressed are:
1) Will Japanese sales stay in the 20,000s with Yakuza 3, or will the fall back down to 15,000
2) Will GT 5p and DS 3 have any positive effect in the US (it is basically given that it will help in EU)
3) Will GTA IV significantly boost PS3 sales (above 360?)
4) Will MGS 4 boost sales
5) Will the MGS 4 bundle help?

extras

5) Will Home help
6) Will Sony show the "lost" titles at gamers day for release this year, which might help sales a tiny bit

I really believe it can. IThe games have finally arrived, no excuses not to reach that goal

Jandre002 said:
With GTA the more I look at it, with such little advertising, the more I believe the 360 can only equal the PS3 sales boost, or slightly outdo it. Both will get boosts, but people who like the GTA were the same people who never warmed up to the 360.

The major advertising for GTAIV won't really start until April.  Microsoft has already said they plan on "owning" GTAIV's launch and that means they're basically planning on an advertising campaign that will rival Gears of War and Halo 3.  Even the price drops in Europe (and I suspect a price drops in the first half of April in North America) are part of their plan.  There are millions of PS2 gamers that are up for grabs and Microsoft plans on getting a significant amount of them with the game.

no, maybe 12.5 million