By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the PS3 hit 14,000,000 by July?

I think the ps3 would easily get to 14 million before the end of the summer.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network

@11ht11. perhaps that was a joke. but 13 million is a given before July... it will likely be between 13.5 and 13.75 million when July starts.

oops i meant 13.5

sorry about that lol

^i was about to call you out on it but I assumed a typo/

i think it has a shot at 14 mil but not 15

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
Jandre002 said:
Rath said:
Jandre002 said:
Fastrabbit09 said:

Jandre002 said:

Keep in mind, between Dec 29, and now the PS3 has sold 1.8 million consoles WW. Thats almost 1,000,000 per month.

1.8/2.5months =720k, not almost 1mil

Next time you pull a number like 2.5 out of your ass, can you see if my cat is up there too? Hes been missing a long time :'-(.

*whoops i mean my

Wait. 73 days (I think thats the number since Dec 29), divided by 30 (average number of days in a month) = 2.43.

Thats closer to 2.5 than the PS3 is to 1M a month.

Next time you be ridiculously sarcastic can you make sure you're not looking like a moron at the same time?

How you managed to fit over 10 weeks into the span of Jan and Feb blows my mind friend. But hey, if Rath, savior of men who hide cats up there asses says there is 10 weeks and 3 days in Jan and Feb, it must be true.

Im sorry,really, ive gone over it a million times. Where exactly are you pulling 10 weeks and 3 days from?

Wait, wait I think I know, ill give you guys two guesses..... (LOL COME ON YOU GOTTA GET THIS ONE

Dec 29 - 31. 2 Days

January  - 31 Days

Febuary - 29 Days

March - 11 Days

3 + 31 + 29 + 11 = 73 Days.

Is there a problem with my maths or are you just making a fool of yourself? 

Ah, it seems Jandre means the end of July not the end of June (either he edited his first post or I misread that bit)

In which case I say almost definately yes.

@Rath... I do believe we are going by VGC weeks, which are of course always half a week to a week and a half behind real time. 

No, that's too high. Maybe 13m, but not 14m.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

@riot... if you check one of my posts further up, the PS3 needs only an average of 160k per week to have sold 14 million by the end of July (which is what Jandre meant)

Rath said:
Jandre002 said:
Rath said:
Jandre002 said:
Fastrabbit09 said:

Jandre002 said:

Keep in mind, between Dec 29, and now the PS3 has sold 1.8 million consoles WW. Thats almost 1,000,000 per month.

1.8/2.5months =720k, not almost 1mil

Next time you pull a number like 2.5 out of your ass, can you see if my cat is up there too? Hes been missing a long time :'-(.

*whoops i mean my

Wait. 73 days (I think thats the number since Dec 29), divided by 30 (average number of days in a month) = 2.43.

Thats closer to 2.5 than the PS3 is to 1M a month.

Next time you be ridiculously sarcastic can you make sure you're not looking like a moron at the same time?

How you managed to fit over 10 weeks into the span of Jan and Feb blows my mind friend. But hey, if Rath, savior of men who hide cats up there asses says there is 10 weeks and 3 days in Jan and Feb, it must be true.

Im sorry,really, ive gone over it a million times. Where exactly are you pulling 10 weeks and 3 days from?

Wait, wait I think I know, ill give you guys two guesses..... (LOL COME ON YOU GOTTA GET THIS ONE

Dec 29 - 31. 2 Days

January  - 31 Days

Febuary - 29 Days

March - 11 Days

3 + 31 + 29 + 11 = 73 Days.

Is there a problem with my maths or are you just making a fool of yourself? 

The numbers for the 8th are comming in right now. That means you can't count numbers till the 1st. So you are 10 days ahead untill the 8th numbers come in then you add 7 days. so you are still off by 3 days.