By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamers: You Are Not Forced to Hear Somebody Online

Tagged games:

ArchangelMadzz said:
curl-6 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I'm just saying they're more viciously defended than the others of the big three. 

Yeah, no. The Playstation and Xbox fanbases are just as defensive

I'm sure mandatory Wii U Tablet was defended as much as Mandatory Kinect.. right?

Both fanbases had people defending and criticizing these choices.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

A simple oversight on my part, I'll edit you in. ;)

Haha its fine, Ive just seen a similar list posted multiple times recently and realised that Im never on them. I actually think most dont believe Im a Nintendo fan at all =P

curl-6 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
curl-6 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I'm just saying they're more viciously defended than the others of the big three. 

Yeah, no. The Playstation and Xbox fanbases are just as defensive

I'm sure mandatory Wii U Tablet was defended as much as Mandatory Kinect.. right?

Both fanbases had people defending and criticizing these choices.

Come on you're fully aware the mandatory Kinect was no where near defended as much as the Tablet controller? 

I wonder how many Sony/MS fans would also be defending defending them if they decided to remove their games from Youtube and put up a service that allows them to control what does and doesn't get uploaded..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

alternine said:
Euphoria14 said:

People in here should stop trying to turn this into something it's not.

If Sony and/or Microsoft released a new team based online shooter and took out all forms of online voice communication they too would get ripped for it.

This.

And it has happened.  Destiny released without match-made voice chat (fireteams only) and people ripped them a new asshole.  It was one of the first things they had to patch in.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

I'm loving these insane jabs and how we've gone completely off the rails of the topic at hand, even the op has gone off the rails.

We also have another topic on this as well along with a news article with the exact same discussion going on.

Still no one's arguing against the fact we can make use of VOIP and other such software, but let's not bother with other technology because everything has to be built into one, then why do we have everything separate in the first place?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:

I'm loving these insane jabs and how we've gone completely off the rails of the topic at hand, even the op has gone off the rails.

We also have another topic on this as well along with a news article with the exact same discussion going on.

Still no one's arguing against the fact we can make use of VOIP and other such software, but let's not bother with other technology because everything has to be built into one, then why do we have everything separate in the first place?.

Please, tell me how you are going to connect on skype with people from matchmaking.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

kitler53 said:
mute options are tough to program. far better to ommit voice altogether and spend your effort explaining why setteling for less is a good thing.

Tough to program? You probably never touched programming to say that.

Have voice chat disabled by default with the option to enable if parental settings are configured to permit it, kids wont hear bad stuff and people that arent delicate little snowflakes can use voice coms.

Not exactly rocket science.

DerpSandwich said:
This is purely an issue of underage kids hearing bad stuff. If they didn't think kids were playing I doubt Nintendo would give a shit.

+1

Nintendo wants to be everyones gf, wife , and mom all at once. Freedom of choice should be the answer!