By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top ten most voted characters in the Smash Ballot

Please keep the old characters out. I dont need Ice Climbers or Wolf again... I'd rather have something new and actually good

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Redgrave said:

It's been years since I played Brawl, but as far as I can remember he was just a slower clone of Fox, wasn't he? Or am I mixed up? Seriously I can't remember.

I wonder why they removed the Ice Climbers then, maybe they knew they'd end up releasing them as DLC and it looks like they're doing more.

But this is a chance to add more than old characters, seems weird that fans want what they already had.

NP. First Ice Climbers, They were actually running on wiiu but because they couldn't work on 3ds and since both games had to havethe same roster they were cut.

Sakurai should just include them, even if wiiu exclusive. I mean yeah it'll suck for 3ds owners but it should be understandable.

As for Wolf, Wolf has similar moves to fox/falco but just specials. Only thing they share 100%are Final Smash and Down B. Wolf's Atks are radically different. :)

hope that helps

Thanks, I honestly couldn't remember.

StarOcean said:
Please keep the old characters out. I dont need Ice Climbers or Wolf again... I'd rather have something new and actually good

C'mon, what about their fans? We'll get new characters too. Mewtwo+Lucas=HYPE!

I call BS, I like Isaac from Golden Sun but there is no way more fans are voting him over the likes of Ice Climbers, Bayonetta or Wolf (who I personally hate but that is just me).

King K. Rool is another one where I think there is vocal fanbase but not nearly strong enough to win a poll of any great size.

Who here really wants Snake back? Or wants Leon S. Kennedy as a third-party character?

Around the Network

Who is voting for King K. Rool

NoirSon said:
I call BS, I like Isaac from Golden Sun but there is no way more fans are voting him over the likes of Ice Climbers, Bayonetta or Wolf (who I personally hate but that is just me).

King K. Rool is another one where I think there is vocal fanbase but not nearly strong enough to win a poll of any great size.

You be mistaken, Isaac definitely has huge support for SSB (i say definitely top 10 character) and King K Rool is going to win the ballot.

mZuzek said:
Airaku said:
As for this being from Reddit, wasn't the poll selected from a list that was assumed and then voted on? So we are actually not seeing what people are really sending to Nintendo. There are quite a few really creative characters that people are voting for. We might be quite surprised by the end of all this and see some characters we were not expecting to see.

Also Shovel Knight would have some interesting move sets but I would rather them go all out and bring us Black Knight from Path of Radiance. That is a bad ass that would be one hell of a heavy weight hitter.

Well it most certainly isn't what people are sending to Nintendo, it's just a good thing to have a general idea of where things might be going.

And no, please. We have enough Fire Emblem characters already.

That's kind of what I was thinking myself. You never know with forum junkies because it seems like everybody's "Cousin's Uncle works for Nintendo" LMFAO! I do agree with speculation and getting a general idea myself, I do that too much to the point it is kind of unhealthy.

I know we have too many Fire Emblem characters but we also have way too many Mario Characters. I love Lucina but she is a Marth clone and Chrom would have been better suited. I really want both Tharja and Black Knight because I feel like they are characters that stand out on their own. All the Fire Emblem characters to date all play similar to an extent. Tharja and Black Knight would feel a bit more unique even to the rest of the characters in the game. Though they could end up making Tharja like Zelda with dark magic, but that would be very lame since they could give her a very unique move set. Down B Voodoo Doll counter anyone? LOL

I voted for Toad. I'd flood the servers with votes for him but I am thinking that Sakurai has already made his decision on who is next.

Airaku said:
mZuzek said:

Well it most certainly isn't what people are sending to Nintendo, it's just a good thing to have a general idea of where things might be going.

And no, please. We have enough Fire Emblem characters already.

That's kind of what I was thinking myself. You never know with forum junkies because it seems like everybody's "Cousin's Uncle works for Nintendo" LMFAO! I do agree with speculation and getting a general idea myself, I do that too much to the point it is kind of unhealthy.

I know we have too many Fire Emblem characters but we also have way too many Mario Characters. I love Lucina but she is a Marth clone and Chrom would have been better suited. I really want both Tharja and Black Knight because I feel like they are characters that stand out on their own. All the Fire Emblem characters to date all play similar to an extent. Tharja and Black Knight would feel a bit more unique even to the rest of the characters in the game. Though they could end up making Tharja like Zelda with dark magic, but that would be very lame since they could give her a very unique move set. Down B Voodoo Doll counter anyone? LOL

TBF on 2 things, Too many characters is only said because at least in SSB4 takes up a good amount on the roster but honestly Mario is a big enough ip that breaks down into dozens of ips that actually factor out. Mario name by itself probably takes 30-40% of entire nintendo sales.

As for your comment on unique characters, Lucina is fine because if she weren't in the game, we have 1 less character. Same goes with Dark Pit/Dr Mario.

Also i would have loved for Black Knight, too bad.

For the FE franchise, Marth/Robin/Ike should be staples from now on with lucina as a slightly different clone or alt for marth (i perferr the former because we get 1+ character). And for Newcomer either this new FE:if Avatar or the next protagonist for future FE games.

I wouldnt mind Roy back if he was a bit different though^