By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - lego dimension announced, lego enters the NFC figures business.

Darwinianevolution said:
I can see this working if Lego ships a NFC figurine with every regular set of Lego they sell. If you buy a Jurassic Park set, you get a T-Rex figurine, if you buy a vikings set, you get a viking figurine...

LEGO is going to make a fortune off this. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

I grew up in the 80s/early 90s, man, the zenith of the action figure craze.

He-Man, Transformers, GI Joe, Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Ninja Turtles ... aw yeah.

Popular franchises? If you are going to make the point at least mention StarCom, BraveStarr, Visionnaries and M.A.S.K. aka the obscure ones because that's how far it went.

Good times. None of this figures you can't do anything with but put in a game thing. :P

Hmm, pie.

Slightly off-topic, but that dimensional portal looks a lot like a StarGate.

Now on topic... I'm not really interested. Besides, the only Lego toys I've bought are Lego Technic.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Interesting...

but if they're competing against Nintendo, Disney and Activision, I'm not so sure how well they will do.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

The only thing about the LEGO games is I don't really like how the LEGO games play. They just feel clunky to me.

But I love the licenses they get (Back to the Future, Batman/DC, Wizard of Oz, Star Wars, LOTR, Simpsons, etc.).

Around the Network

NFC toy business is getting pretty competitive now, huh? I wonder if companies are going to take the next step and make robotic toys that interact with your video games like the R.O.B

Arch this looks so damn collectable.... Plus lotr and batman in the same game. I'll probably do what I do for Disney infinity with this one and get the ones I want to play, then if I ever see the other figures at a really low price I might grab them

WolfpackN64 said:
Thus, the console war is joined by the NFC figurine war.
I'm predicting a long-term victory for Nintendo and Amiibo.

Nah. Disney not only have mascots from a century, they also can utilize Marvel and Star Wars. The only thing Nintendo did better, was the Amiibo connectivity in a lot of games since the launch (even if it is only a little thing like costumes in Mario Kart). But if Infinity connectivity is in every Disney/Marvel/Star Wars game from now on ...

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I wonder what Hasbro thinks too ... they got Transformers and GI Joe and My Little Pony (lol).

OMG I can not believe people buy this junk. Disney, Nintendo, Skylanders..... all junk. Paying 10-20$ for cracker jack box figures.....