By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - lego dimension announced, lego enters the NFC figures business.

Einsam_Delphin said:
WolfpackN64 said:
Thus, the console war is joined by the NFC figurine war.
I'm predicting a long-term victory for Nintendo and Amiibo.

It helps that all you have to do is buy the figurines, not a $100 starter pack first, but there's no central game for Amiibos yet and the stock issues are still real.

Stock issues are a problmem, but the more varied use of Amiibo's in multiple games as wel as Nintendo's brand recognition will win out in the end I think.

Around the Network
rolltide101x said:

OMG I can not believe people buy this junk. Disney, Nintendo, Skylanders..... all junk. Paying 10-20$ for cracker jack box figures.....

U do realize these games are aimed primarily at kids, right? Kids love action figures, Legos, games based on movies/shows they like so why not have them interact with one another?

Maybe u should get rid of the whole elitist attitude of "everything needs to be made to suit my preferences" and accept that everybody has their own tastes/interests.

Lego games and Lego sets sell very well as it is, and since the technology exists to let them interact, what's the point of not letting them interact?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
rolltide101x said:

OMG I can not believe people buy this junk. Disney, Nintendo, Skylanders..... all junk. Paying 10-20$ for cracker jack box figures.....

U do realize these games are aimed primarily at kids, right? Kids love action figures, Legos, games based on movies/shows they like so why not have them interact with one another?

Maybe u should get rid of the whole elitist attitude of "everything needs to be made to suit my preferences" and accept that everybody has their own tastes/interests.

Lego games and Lego sets sell very well as it is, and since the technology exists to let them interact, what's the point of not letting them interact?

So you think its ok to charge 10-20$ for something worth nothing? Taking advantage of kids is not ok

rolltide101x said:
zorg1000 said:

So you think its ok to charge 10-20$ for something worth nothing? Taking advantage of kids is not ok

What are u talking about? Yes it is ok to charge $10-20 for toys.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Soundwave said:

Wizard of Oz figures is pretty cool and pretty damn random.

So I guess they'll probably get Harry Potter and Jurassic Park down the line?

No to Star Wars though I guess, that's going to be Disney Infinity.

Here's a leaked trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KZ1...ature=youtu.be

Sept. 27th launch, $99.99 starter pak, Wizard of Oz, Lord of the Rings, Batman, LEGO Movie, Back to the Future, Ninjago LEGO figures at first. 

Harry Potter that's a given. The main stuff is from WB properties. Since they got BTTF. Jurrasic Park is probably next.

Around the Network

one think that should be very insteresting and revolucionary the NFC figures world is to build my own figures by lego bricks and they enter in the game world exactly the way i built them.

For example, a car, you change its forme, the tyres and etc, in the game world, the car introduced would have the form and tyres you choose, and it affect the physics of the car.

That would be amazing! when figures achieve that level, i buy. But not for now.

zorg1000 said:
rolltide101x said:

What are u talking about? Yes it is ok to charge $10-20 for toys.

For a cracker jack box toy? 

How much are they

Oh, here we go... looks like NFC will start to become a thing this generation. Hopefully it doesn`t get too out of hand. Lego figurines will be cool though.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

WolfpackN64 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
WolfpackN64 said:
Thus, the console war is joined by the NFC figurine war.
I'm predicting a long-term victory for Nintendo and Amiibo.

It helps that all you have to do is buy the figurines, not a $100 starter pack first, but there's no central game for Amiibos yet and the stock issues are still real.

Stock issues are a problmem, but the more varied use of Amiibo's in multiple games as wel as Nintendo's brand recognition will win out in the end I think.

amiibo is still tied to a system that people generally didnt and still do no want, thats not a problem the others have. Maybe for the next console if they keep it and it is more successful.