By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - lego dimension announced, lego enters the NFC figures business.

i dont really understand why they are doing this NOW? sales for these types of things have actually gone down.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
WolfpackN64 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
WolfpackN64 said:
Thus, the console war is joined by the NFC figurine war.
I'm predicting a long-term victory for Nintendo and Amiibo.

It helps that all you have to do is buy the figurines, not a $100 starter pack first, but there's no central game for Amiibos yet and the stock issues are still real.

Stock issues are a problmem, but the more varied use of Amiibo's in multiple games as wel as Nintendo's brand recognition will win out in the end I think.

amiibo is still tied to a system that people generally didnt and still do no want, thats not a problem the others have. Maybe for the next console if they keep it and it is more successful.

Well Amiibo is now compatible with New 3DS and will be compatible with older models this fall once the $20 adaptor releases, so Amiibo will be compatible with 60+ million devices soon.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

oniyide said:
i dont really understand why they are doing this NOW? sales for these types of things have actually gone down.

Not really, Skylanders declined a bit but when u add in Disney Infinity & Amiibo, I'm sure NFC figurine sales have increased.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

oniyide said:
WolfpackN64 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
WolfpackN64 said:
Thus, the console war is joined by the NFC figurine war.
I'm predicting a long-term victory for Nintendo and Amiibo.

It helps that all you have to do is buy the figurines, not a $100 starter pack first, but there's no central game for Amiibos yet and the stock issues are still real.

Stock issues are a problmem, but the more varied use of Amiibo's in multiple games as wel as Nintendo's brand recognition will win out in the end I think.

amiibo is still tied to a system that people generally didnt and still do no want, thats not a problem the others have. Maybe for the next console if they keep it and it is more successful.

Don't forget the 3DS ;)

Nintendo needs to move to make Amiibos work on smartphones/tablets and have a hub Amiibo game that works on the 3DS/Wii U/NX/iOS/Android platforms.

Then it will be a more even fight.

Around the Network

nice

zorg1000 said:
I wonder if their will be any other big NFC, toys-to-life games. We not have Skylanders for Activision, Disney Infinity from Disney, Amiibo from Nintendo and now Lego Dimensions from Warner Bros. I assume EA and Ubisoft want to get in on the action but I can't think of any ways they could implement it.

Activision and Skylanders got the ball rolling and Disney/Nintendo/Lego have to brand recognition and huge lineup of characters to make it work but EA/Ubisoft don't so I can't really see them taking off.

STill expecting pokemon from Nintendo 

'd probably buy the DC line. 've been considering collecting the DC lego for quite some time now.

Currently playing

IOS - Knights of the Old Republic, Monster Hunter Freedom HD and Idolmaster Festa.

Steam-NovisNoah, Uplay-Limpanot, Origins-NovisNoah, PSN-NovisNoah, NNID-NovisNoah

teigaga said:
zorg1000 said:
I wonder if their will be any other big NFC, toys-to-life games. We not have Skylanders for Activision, Disney Infinity from Disney, Amiibo from Nintendo and now Lego Dimensions from Warner Bros. I assume EA and Ubisoft want to get in on the action but I can't think of any ways they could implement it.

Activision and Skylanders got the ball rolling and Disney/Nintendo/Lego have to brand recognition and huge lineup of characters to make it work but EA/Ubisoft don't so I can't really see them taking off.

STill expecting pokemon from Nintendo 

Ya me too, but that would fall under Amiibo and I think they will go with cards instead of figurines

zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:

Well Amiibo is now compatible with New 3DS and will be compatible with older models this fall once the $20 adaptor releases, so Amiibo will be compatible with 60+ million devices soon.

and haow much people have new 3ds now? So in addition to the figures people would still have to spend another 20 bucks just to use it? Arent Skylander games and figures also compatible and released on 3ds. IMHO i dont think this whole NFC thing will be big again no matter who is doing it. And even the level of compatible devices i still see it being bought by mostly the hardcore Ninty fans, like what has already been happening