By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - lego dimension announced, lego enters the NFC figures business.

oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:

Well Amiibo is now compatible with New 3DS and will be compatible with older models this fall once the $20 adaptor releases, so Amiibo will be compatible with 60+ million devices soon.

and haow much people have new 3ds now? So in addition to the figures people would still have to spend another 20 bucks just to use it? Arent Skylander games and figures also compatible and released on 3ds. IMHO i dont think this whole NFC thing will be big again no matter who is doing it. And even the level of compatible devices i still see it being bought by mostly the hardcore Ninty fans, like what has already been happening

A few million New 3DS owners by now I assume. The adaptor is no different than the Portal of Power u need for Skylanders.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Not really interested tbh. I don't like Legos or Lego games enough anymore to get involved in this, lol. Looks cool though.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
i dont really understand why they are doing this NOW? sales for these types of things have actually gone down.

Not really, Skylanders declined a bit but when u add in Disney Infinity & Amiibo, I'm sure NFC figurine sales have increased.

i kind of doubt that and even if that were true, having to combine multiple series to match what one series originally did is nothing ot write home about.

zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:

and haow much people have new 3ds now? So in addition to the figures people would still have to spend another 20 bucks just to use it? Arent Skylander games and figures also compatible and released on 3ds. IMHO i dont think this whole NFC thing will be big again no matter who is doing it. And even the level of compatible devices i still see it being bought by mostly the hardcore Ninty fans, like what has already been happening

A few million New 3DS owners by now I assume. The adaptor is no different than the Portal of Power u need for Skylanders.

no different? thats probably true but considering how much that series decline thats not necessarily a great thing

oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:

Not really, Skylanders declined a bit but when u add in Disney Infinity & Amiibo, I'm sure NFC figurine sales have increased.

i kind of doubt that and even if that were true, having to combine multiple series to match what one series originally did is nothing ot write home about.

Skylanders dropped from 75 million to 65 million, Amiibo sold 5.7 million and Disney reported that Infinity 2.0 sales were up 16% from the first title.

Whatever decline Skylanders faced was countered by Amiibo and Disney Infinity, hence NFC figurine sales have not declined. Try to make it seem like doom all u want, these toys-to-life games are still going strong and Lego Dimensions is likely to sell very well.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:

Skylanders dropped from 75 million to 65 million, Amiibo sold 5.7 million and Disney reported that Infinity 2.0 sales were up 16% from the first title.

Whatever decline Skylanders faced was countered by Amiibo and Disney Infinity, hence NFC figurine sales have not declined. Try to make it seem like doom all u want, these toys-to-life games are still going strong and Lego Dimensions is likely to sell very well.

im talking about the actual software itself. As for the figures again, they are making more of them versus than when it was only just Skylanders

oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:

im talking about the actual software itself. As for the figures again, they are making more of them versus than when it was only just Skylanders

Last year had both Skylanders & Disney Infinity as well. Skylanders was down this year while Disney was up. And who cares if their is more options now? That doesn't show at all that the Toys-to-Life market is shrinking, it just shows that Activision no longer has a monopoly and the sales are now skewed across multiple games.

Can u show me anything that proves the total software sales of NFC games has dropped?