By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's E3 will not be all about VR and AR Phil Spencer promises.

AnthonyW86 said:
Aeolus451 said:

It was his opinion on a plausible outcome that some users overreacted to.

Did Burek seriously just get banned for that though? Says on his profile that he is banned until the 8th of April.

Yeah, he did. 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
darkenergy said:

The very first post he put in this thread isn't true.

It was his opinion on a plausible outcome that some users overreacted to.

It was not opinion it was claiming it was fact. They are not going to talk about VR/AR for 75% of the conference and saying that the rest will be focus PC/windows is also false because those claims seem like it will totally ignore Xone as if there won't be games available to the console. Halo 5 is obviously going to be shown only for the Xbox One and not to mention COD which they will probably  show gameplay which is also on the X1. Not to mention unannounced games they will show there.

Proud to be a Californian.

bananaking21 said:

yeah exactly how i feel. it makes it seem like "dont worry, there wont be any VR there!!". thats not a good thing if you ask me. AR on the other hand is proven to be sucky for gaming, so its better off not being there.

With everyone interested in what Morpheus has to offer, you would think that MS would want a part of that in some shape or form. They've even hinted at having VR themselves at some point in the future. This tells me that they're not that interested in VR and not only that but they want to send a message out that VR isn't that interesting to the 'gamer'. 'We absolutely promise we won't waste your time with VR' is basically what he's suggesting there. Now I'm confident that Sony are going to show a lot of stuff on Morpheus at E3, and clearly Phil is too.

The PS5 Exists. 

That's good. Hopefully it they do have some it's restricted to 10 min only.

Microsoft did great in last E3. I hope everyone follows that. E3 should be all about games.

Around the Network

Wow, there are like 3 bans from this thread alone

Let's hope that'll be the case.. I'm also hoping to see a new Banjo game get announced!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

GribbleGrunger said:
bananaking21 said:

yeah exactly how i feel. it makes it seem like "dont worry, there wont be any VR there!!". thats not a good thing if you ask me. AR on the other hand is proven to be sucky for gaming, so its better off not being there.

With everyone interested in what Morpheus has to offer, you would think that MS would want a part of that in some shape or form. They've even hinted at having VR themselves at some point in the future. This tells me that they're not that interested in VR and not only that but they want to send a message out that VR isn't that interesting to the 'gamer'. 'We absolutely promise we won't waste your time with VR' is basically what he's suggesting there. Now I'm confident that Sony are going to show a lot of stuff on Morpheus at E3, and clearly Phil is too.

I completely agree that Microsoft seems to be out of touch in terms of what the core gamer wants.  This can be seen with the mandatory purchase of the Kinect with the launch of the XB1, their online restrictions, TV functionality, as well as their disinterest in VR technology as you have stated.  However, it is very exciting to see what hololens can bring to the gaming industry as a whole.  I do not speak for the core gamer and I completely understand if one or all of these points may interest you.

The one point that I disagree on is that I don't think Microsoft is trying to send this message (in bold).  

When Phil Spencer states that their "E3 will not be about VR and AR I promise", I feel that he is going back to what he said at E3 2014.  He stated very clearly at the beginning of that conference that it will be all about the games.  So I believe that he wants to reassure all of the XB1 gamers, as well as potential buyers, that they will continue to deliver what the gamers want while introducing this new piece of hardware.

Jimbo1337 said:

I completely agree that Microsoft seems to be out of touch in terms of what the core gamer wants.  This can be seen with the mandatory purchase of the Kinect with the launch of the XB1, their online restrictions, TV functionality, as well as their disinterest in VR technology as you have stated.  However, it is very exciting to see what hololens can bring to the gaming industry as a whole.  I do not speak for the core gamer and I completely understand if one or all of these points may interest you.

The one point that I disagree on is that I don't think Microsoft is trying to send this message (in bold).  

When Phil Spencer states that their "E3 will not be about VR and AR I promise", I feel that he is going back to what he said at E3 2014.  He stated very clearly at the beginning of that conference that it will be all about the games.  So I believe that he wants to reassure all of the XB1 gamers, as well as potential buyers, that they will continue to deliver what the gamers want while introducing this new piece of hardware.

That's a fair point. I'm still not entirely sure of your interpretation but it has made me doubt mine a little.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
bananaking21 said:

well in all fairness he did mention AR too, but yeah i agree with what you said. but reality is if they dont show VR is a downside, it means they are very far away from ever releasing it (IF they even are). Sony already said they will be showing off VR games at E3. VR is that next huge step in gaming, at least it has the potential to be, insinuating that VR might be a bad thing to show at E3 is hilarious.