By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's E3 will not be all about VR and AR Phil Spencer promises.

I expect a lot of PC gaming info. Lots of new games, possibly some side-hardware.
MS has definitely shown a clear shift into making more content. Their last couple years have really focused on content which is a good trend.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Ka-pi96 said:
I hope there isn't any AR/VR at all.

Unless HoloLens or whatever the final name is launches this year.

In that case, I wouldn't mind them talking about it (and the same goes with Sony and Morpheus), but if it doesn't then there is no point in showing it.

They'll be better talking and showing Quantum Break, Halo 5 and the next Gears of War.

Halo 5 is a guarantee.

Proud to be a Californian.

I didn't even know MS was stepping into the VR stuff either. I figure they would hardly talk about it at all. They need to make sure they talk about the game. MS can't afford to screw around anymore if they wanna keep up with Sony.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

darkenergy said:
BMaker11 said:

Stirring up emotions is a bannable offense on VGC, period. Even if what you state is something that is either a.) an inconvenient truth or b.) a plausible outcome that some people don't like.

You can make reasonable assumptions based on concrete facts, but if it gets people's jimmies rustled, your post is now "trolling" and you get banned. Trust me, I know.

edit: Actually, I just looked under your name and you did get banned =/

The very first post he put in this thread isn't true.

It was his opinion on a plausible outcome that some users overreacted to.

darkenergy said:
JEMC said:
Ka-pi96 said:
I hope there isn't any AR/VR at all.

Unless HoloLens or whatever the final name is launches this year.

In that case, I wouldn't mind them talking about it (and the same goes with Sony and Morpheus), but if it doesn't then there is no point in showing it.

They'll be better talking and showing Quantum Break, Halo 5 and the next Gears of War.

Halo 5 is a guarantee.

I know, just like the next CoD and the rest of games that will launch this winter.

But as I said, their time (and ours too) will be better spend talking about those games rather than AR/VR if they aren't going to launch it this year.

Besides, how you show VR/AR on a conference? Will they make appear someone on stage with the glasses/helmet on and watch him/her move? That would be the most boring and embarassing moment from any E3 that I remember, and I watched Nintendo reveal Wii Music...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

So why the use of 'promises'? Is he by chance suggesting it would be a 'bad' thing if they did announce something related to VR? I love semantics and what they tell you about PR and reverse psychology.

yeah exactly how i feel. it makes it seem like "dont worry, there wont be any VR there!!". thats not a good thing if you ask me. AR on the other hand is proven to be sucky for gaming, so its better off not being there.

Aeolus451 said:
darkenergy said:

The very first post he put in this thread isn't true.

It was his opinion on a plausible outcome that some users overreacted to.

Did Burek seriously just get banned for that though? Says on his profile that he is banned until the 8th of April.

Suggests it will be play a significant part in the conference though, at least that is what I get from the wording. They have several studios working on titles for the technology so it isn't a surprise,

Would prefer it wasn't included at all, still not convinced it is going to be worthwhile for a good few years yet, but I guess I can just go make a cup of tea when the VR & AR stuff comes on.

Ka-pi96 said:
Cloudman said:
I didn't even know MS was stepping into the VR stuff either. I figure they would hardly talk about it at all. They need to make sure they talk about the game. MS can't afford to screw around anymore if they wanna keep up with Sony.

Isn't that their hololens thing that they announced at the Windows 10?

Is that the thing they showed with the glasses and Minecraft? I can't really remember...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Ka-pi96 said:
Cloudman said:

Is that the thing they showed with the glasses and Minecraft? I can't really remember...

Yep, that's the one.

Right, I remember. Honestly, I hope it's not really talked about. I don't think it really belongs there in E3 to be honest. It should be about the game and console specific stuff.

Dance my pretties!