By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's E3 will not be all about VR and AR Phil Spencer promises.

megaman79 said:
>ctrl f - sports
>0 results

??????

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Protendo said:

Here's another article so you don't have to take my word on it. After experiencing HTC's VR, it's no comparison in the current state for gaming. I can't predict the future, hell I was the guy that said go Plasma in the past. Now Plasma (which I still believe has the superior picture quality at the same resolution) has been phased out.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/21/microsoft-hololens-hands-on/

It sounds just like Morpheus and Oculus Rift a year ago with their "rough around the edges" demo. And the article agrees with me, AR is very exciting. It's not just a screen strapped to your face.

niether is VR. and AR has been in gaming for a long time now, incase you forgot the Vita, 3DS and PS4. yes hololens is different, but its still VR. and guess how succsesfull VR is in gaming and how good it was? 

@bolded: neither is VR, the fact that you say that just shows how clueless you are. 

endimion said:
bananaking21 said:

well in all fairness he did mention AR too, but yeah i agree with what you said. but reality is if they dont show VR is a downside, it means they are very far away from ever releasing it (IF they even are). Sony already said they will be showing off VR games at E3. VR is that next huge step in gaming, at least it has the potential to be, insinuating that VR might be a bad thing to show at E3 is hilarious. 

I'd take AR like hololens in gaming over VR any day of the week... Because AR has way more depth potential than VR has.... VR is old tech it's pretty much 2 screens taped to your eyes with a Kinect tracker just for your head... Nothing really new and revolutionizing they just move your FPS thumb stick movement to your head... Big deal.....

AR on the other hand can do way more especially coupled with other tech like 3D and full body motion sensing...

anyway tried VR tech in gaming over a decade ago and yes it was impressive then... Not really moved by it much today...

old tech? its an old concept, yes. but the tech is brand new and much more advanced than anything we seen in gaming so far. im not sure what rock you people have been living in, but AR has been done in gaming for quite a while, 3DS, Vita, PS3, and PS4 all have AR and the results are in buddy, nobody really cared. granted hololens is from a different perspective, and i am sure they can do some interesting stuff in it (like accessing menu's, inventory, maps on it during a game). but it will always be limited in what it can offer compared to VR, which can offer a full virtual world, AR simply cant. 

I think I like both VR and AR technologies as they provide different and similar experiences. But I see the future going in the direction of AR simply because you can see beyond the screen. This technology goes way beyond what VR offers as not only does it needs to track your hands gestures but it has to figure out other things in your environment and interact with it something VR does not do. You can't compare what Hololens offers with what 3DS, Vita and PS4 offer AR wise. It's like comparing a 2D camera to a 3D camera... just because both are cameras doesn't make them equal.

I want to see more of AR but I had rather see the extend of it at another show than E3.

Lol, kidding? Like MS has any AR to show , even less VR.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

Phil Spencer promises.

...Next thread.

Come on guys....Did you guys really enjoyed MS/SONY showing of Kinect/move/eye toy at E3? What was the moment that made you excited seeing that stuff? So why should we be excited to see AR/VR at E3? An seperate event would be so much better.

I'm sure we'll see Halo 5, new Gears and a number of multiplats.

Ka-pi96 said:
Natsu said:
Ka-pi96 said:
I hope there isn't any AR/VR at all.

Same here, I would like it to be all Xbox. Maybe Windows 10 gaming stuff too.

Really depends what they have for Windows 10. There's been a lot of rumours that they could be working on an RTS game so if that were true then that would be an awesome announcement for Windows 10 gaming

Haven't heard that rumor but that'd be awesome if it was true :D