By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's E3 will not be all about VR and AR Phil Spencer promises.

bananaking21 said:

well in all fairness he did mention AR too, but yeah i agree with what you said. but reality is if they dont show VR is a downside, it means they are very far away from ever releasing it (IF they even are). Sony already said they will be showing off VR games at E3. VR is that next huge step in gaming, at least it has the potential to be, insinuating that VR might be a bad thing to show at E3 is hilarious. 

Yes, that's why I think is wording is 'selective' rather than 'spontanious'.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
bananaking21 said:

well in all fairness he did mention AR too, but yeah i agree with what you said. but reality is if they dont show VR is a downside, it means they are very far away from ever releasing it (IF they even are). Sony already said they will be showing off VR games at E3. VR is that next huge step in gaming, at least it has the potential to be, insinuating that VR might be a bad thing to show at E3 is hilarious. 

Yes, that's why I think is wording is 'selective' rather than 'spontanious'.

of course its selective. phils entire precense on twitter is selective. its all PR. 

I wanna see them show, Halo 5 gameplay, like a long ass gameplay video.  Gears of War trailer, show me something about the game.  Scalebound and Crackdown gameplay and some new game announcements.

bananaking21 said:

of course its selective. phils entire precense on twitter is selective. its all PR. 

Well, that's a whole different conversation. I agree though.

The PS5 Exists. 

I don't care what some says I want to see what they have in store for their AR device gaming wise. People are interested in Morpheus and Occulus but Microsoft's device should be quiet? Yeah then people will moan that MS has no plans to counter competition's VR devices smh!

Of course I don't want Hololens to take all their focus like they kind of did with Kinect but not showing it is stupid imo. I hope we get to see more of the games we'll be able to play this year and they focus on Gears, Scalebound, Crackdown and new entries.

Around the Network

I'm willing to trust Phil. I hope this E3 convinces me to buy an XBOne by the end of the gen.

I would hope so especially after Kinect.

I just want lots o exclusives with gameplay and not sea eye gee trailers

AR technology is much more ambitious than VR. I can't wait to know and see more about it.

Did anyone expect differently? Seems like an obvious conclusion for all the major players.

Goatseye said:
AR technology is much more ambitious than VR. I can't wait to know and see more about it.

As someone who has experience both, VR is superior. While I don't agree with the full article, this might give some insight on why that is. I can't say why, I can just say that through the demo's I've tested I'd chose VR every time. 

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2873675/why-virtual-reality-is-better-than-augmented-reality-for-gaming.html

If you enjoy the FPS genre, it's going to be VR or bust.