By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US April monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Batman PS4 sales out again... staying above all other SKU, while the regular PS4 continues to outsell the competition at the same time. The PS4 will win E3 month... and thats big. Sony's approach seems very calculated. Microsoft's approach seems more reactionary.

The competition between the two companies is really worth a case study in product management.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Batman PS4 sales out again... staying above all other SKU, while the regular PS4 continues to outsell the competition at the same time. The PS4 will win E3 month... and thats big. Sony's approach seems very calculated. Microsoft's approach seems more reactionary.

The competition between the two companies is really worth a case study in product management.

I agree. The Xbox One reveal should also be a case study in marketing as well.

CosmicSex said:

Sony has been playing this year extremely smart. They started off releasing The Order in February and Bloodborne last month. Even MLB 15 is not doing too shabby. The Batman bundles have obviously grabbed many people's attention.

Not a lot of people are talking about Mortal Kombat X on the Amazon threads, but it is an extremely significant game. Its previous mainline iteration sold over 1 million according to April 2011 NPD. And since Sony has marketing rights to that game, well... you know the rest.

Protendo said:
CosmicSex said:

This whole gen is a freaking case study for marketing.  Microsoft and Nintendo are poster childs for the worst mistakes you can make in marketing, Microsoft with it's complete misreading of the landscape and self-destructive early push and Nintendo with it's utter indifference that left the image of the Wii U and Nintendo  floating in the aether of vaguery, without so much as one - not one - major ad campaign of note and quality to push the platform.  And Sony is the poster child of everything you should do:  well timed and persistant marketing, correctly reading the landscape, making the consumer the center of the focus in ads (how was MS going to compete with "This is for the players"?), claiming the 3rd party space via association, basically every other correct move imaginable. 

CosmicSex said:
eva01beserk said:

Bloodbourne and type-0 moved ps4's, thouse new ps4's moved more games games. Aside from batlefield and one more, it was mainly ps4 stuff that rocket it after they got prucedrops.

I understand what you are saying and you are right... but then we are both right...  It wasn't that Bloodborne passed it... its that Bloodborne triggered multiple things to pass it.  And you are still right though... Bloodborne sold so much that it passed the Xbox One and that opened it off enough to be passed by other stuff. 

Mutual agreement? rare with so many fanboys lurking. How far into april do you think this sales treand will continue? mlb and type 0 released kind of late so we willl see the boost in april. Im not sure if anything is releasing on april to increase sales on either side further into the  month.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

X1 doing a bit better now, at #45 and #49.

Hopefully they have Batman back available for preorder soon. It's clear the bundle is very popular so Amazon should get a bigger commitment of stock this time.

PS4 is domination still with out a single major ps ip, impressive.

So guys, what do you think I should do with the Batman bundle, should I include its ranking in this and the march thread (It made it into #60 something in march @_@) or should I note it all in the eventual june thread, as that's when the sales will be?

Protendo said:
CosmicSex said:

The interesting aspect for me in terms of the Xbox One reveal was that what they were going for. Microsoft already had solidified themselves as a legitimate force in gaming with the 360, but I don't understand why couldn't they have just improved in the 360's social capabilities. I understand they wanted to try something different, but to that degree, the gaming community would not have stayed silent. Had they just improved the basis of the 360, I believe the story would be a neck to neck race, of course with an equivalent price point to match.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Seems that the One is picking up some much needed momentum.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay