By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report: Retro Studios is Working on a Secret Wii U Game With a New Engine

Tagged games:

Yes!.... Yes!

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
spemanig said:

"Metroid already has a minigame in Nintendo Land and they just released Metroid Prime Trilogy for the VC. Is Metroid all you think about?"

That's literally what you sound like.

I'm not begging for Metroid in every single thread like Star Fox and F-Zero fans. I suggested 4 game ideas and all you focus on is Metroid? Lol.

Most annoying fans ever.

F-Zero is a racing game about speed, you'll have that now in MK8. No need to waste Nintendo's resources on a game that won't even break even.

You and spemanig are skirting the line here. Given that you're up for a 10-day ban next, you need to conduct yourself better, but spemanig's also at fault here.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Samus Aran said:
spemanig said:

"Metroid already has a minigame in Nintendo Land and they just released Metroid Prime Trilogy for the VC. Is Metroid all you think about?"

That's literally what you sound like.

I'm not begging for Metroid in every single thread like Star Fox and F-Zero fans. I suggested 4 game ideas and all you focus on is Metroid? Lol.

Most annoying fans ever.

F-Zero is a racing game about speed, you'll have that now in MK8. No need to waste Nintendo's resources on a game that won't even break even.

Saying Mario Kart 8 is a replacement for F-Zero just cause it's a racer where you can go fast is as ridiculous as me saying the new Zelda is a replacement for Metroid since it is an action adventure game with aan exploration focus.

Also, taking GX's numbers in a vacuum is silly.  That game was marketed worse than most GC games.  That is to say, it wasn't.  A game that isn't marketed will always struggle.  

Jumpin said:
Honestly, Metroid Prime is fairly boring.

Samus moves like a garbage truck and nothing is particularly very interesting. This is even with the improved Wii U controls over the crappy gamecube ones.

It might be the most overrated game Nintendo has ever published.

If Nintendo wants to make another Metroid, it should be true to the franchise, and not another Hexen clone.

Well that's just like, you're opinion man. 

Mario Strikers Ultra. The WiiU needs sports games.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Really tired of the whole secret stuff. Does it really have any purpose? Does it help sales. Does it help people? It's probably gonna be something that no one expects. Like, Kid Icarus: Medusa's Revenge. Moan it's not Metroid. And it ends up selling poor.

Samus Aran said:
No, no, everyone knows Wii U is doomed, so it's NX and it's not on a new engine as they're making DKC again.

Did I get the forum opinion right?

Of course! It's a shame I can't give you a cookie.. :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

While I crave whatever they do (as much as I disliked their lack of storytelling in DKCR and DKCR:TF, the games were great and a masterpiece in that order) and crave the idea of them making another Metroid game, to be honest what I really want is for them to make their own masterpiece of an IP. And if they don't do that, a Donkey Kong U (sequel to 64) would be my next desire BEFORE Metroid U.

archer9234 said:

Really tired of the whole secret stuff. Does it really have any purpose? Does it help sales. Does it help people? It's probably gonna be something that no one expects. Like, Kid Icarus: Medusa's Revenge. Moan it's not Metroid. And it ends up selling poor.

It does. It provides impact to a reveal. Lets say this is shown at E3. People are in shock and awe because of this megaton announcement. If the info is leaked beforehand, people will say 'Oh I already know about that. Where is the new announcements?' Because of that leaked info, it makes people look for something else.

bunchanumbers said:
archer9234 said:

It does. It provides impact to a reveal. Lets say this is shown at E3. People are in shock and awe because of this megaton announcement. If the info is leaked beforehand, people will say 'Oh I already know about that. Where is the new announcements?' Because of that leaked info, it makes people look for something else.

Guess I'm different. I don't care where things are released or how. I never get in awe anyway. I just never like the tease of. Oh, there is a new game we're working on. But I can't tell you. I want the info. Can't stand it personally.