By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report: Retro Studios is Working on a Secret Wii U Game With a New Engine

Tagged games:

metroid please.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

Id be ok with a sequel to DK64.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Hopefully Metroid. The Wii U needs an exclusive first person shooter(other than Splatoon which I don't find mature enough) and hopefully Nintendo will keep supporting it until at least 2017 as it has lots of great games. I do prefer the PS4 and I think the Wii U gamepad should be optional when buying the Wii U but it has quality exclusives and does have the Nintendo magic that was very present in the NES/SNES/N64/GCN eras.

I still don't want Prime 4 from them. I mean where can they really go with it besides the sleek HD visuals? If it is Metroid I want another re-invention like Prime was.

RolStoppable said:
Please God, no. Don't let their talent be wasted on a Wii U game.

They should outsource to the Ouya platform.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network

I want some space adventure horror, maybe in Metroid universe.

Will they finish this on time, though?

If this rumour is true then hopefully it at least buries the Diddy Kong Racing speculation.  I can't see Retro developing a new engine for a game like Diddy Kong Racing when Mario Kart 8 was just released.

Maybe it´s a Metroid X Zelda crossover that looks like Bioshock when it´s revealed.

You never know this days.

(day 1)

Honestly, Metroid Prime is fairly boring.

Samus moves like a garbage truck and nothing is particularly very interesting. This is even with the improved Wii U controls over the crappy gamecube ones.

It might be the most overrated game Nintendo has ever published.

If Nintendo wants to make another Metroid, it should be true to the franchise, and not another Hexen clone.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.